• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Email From Paul Elio---- Nice Gesture Or Calming The Lynch Party???? Added Bonus

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since noone brought it up, here's the 3rd possibility. Give people warm fuzzy feelings to try and neutralize the effects of another delay announcement soon to follow.
Without engineering finalized, a completed P5 prototype build, and the additional 25 prototype builds for testing, 2016 isn't realistic, if that's what you mean by delay. The good news is the P5 Build, but how long to the P5 unveil is the big question.

Last edited:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone who informs me they will give me a $150 is not gonna get an argument; neither will I be surprised if I never get it. When I read the email, I did immediately think P5 -25 long way to go before car one rolls off line. I am already putting feelers out for a cheap cash clunker to get me from car lease ending in October to my licorice is ready.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe they will sell the early vehicles for $6,800 for the same reason they are giving this additional bonus. The price may have to go up later, but not to the early reservationist.

I wouldn't bet the bank on it. It's all positive, but here's a new slant that might provide one explanation.
I think this is in anticipation of possibly not being able to meet the $6800 goal at the start of production.
I think it may insure that, whether the price goal is met or not, we early "all-ins" are rewarded...
By being allowed to pay a bottom line that is as close to that original advertised goal as possible.
Basically a "promise" met by interpretation.

Almost all of us have said or thought it.
Even EM has said that they're still short of reaching their price goal.
The Elio's official price may likely be a few hundred above the target at the start of production.
I, for one, still anticipate paying around a $6300 bottom line base price after my bonuses.

Think about it.
We "all-ins" have our bonus. No, scratch that now... most of us have our bonuses.
It will only feel completely equitable to newbies if everyone pays the same basic price.
If EM honors the $6800 target price but, in doing so, loses money on not only the early opters...
But also on the untold thousands who rush to buy during the completion of the early opters' sales...
It may prove to be a bit of a problem.

It may just a play on words in a sense.
But it's extremely important that public perception, us, and the newbies consider it all to be as fair and honorable as possible.
Of course, I hope you're right and they actually do achieve the price goal. :D

Lately I get the feeling that Paul might have taken our advice and engaged the services of a PR firm.

However...
Be it a simple play on numbers or not...
I am extremely grateful for, once again, being considerately pre-thinned from the future thundering herd.

Last edited:

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
April 24th, 2014, since I parted with the $1,000.00. So that puts me in the 70% group as well. $1,700.00 credit on $6,800.00 leaves me scraping up $5,100.00 to make the base car. I'm leaning heavily toward a moon roof. So more scraping I shall do even.

Hey, wasn't there a big brouhaha over Tesla and being able to bypass the dealership and order a car direct from the factory? So I'm wondering if whatever that was applies here.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
April 24th, 2014, since I parted with the $1,000.00. So that puts me in the 70% group as well. $1,700.00 credit on $6,800.00 leaves me scraping up $5,100.00 to make the base car. I'm leaning heavily toward a moon roof. So more scraping I shall do even.

Hey, wasn't there a big brouhaha over Tesla and being able to bypass the dealership and order a car direct from the factory? So I'm wondering if whatever that was applies here.
It does. It isn't a car, so they can sell direct in Florida. Don't forget cruise control. A must have option for me.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought about that, but it doesn't really fit. It could happen, but not right now. I fall square in the camp of it's targeted marketing, someone is dangling a carrot in front of EM, so they're dangling their own carrot. At this point the best selling point Elio Motors has is the huge number of reservation holders, and most of us are "all in" at one level or another. I could imagine any number of schemes i.e. whilst basking in the glow of EM's "generosity", I don't know, maybe 10,000 of us each convince two more people to make a reservation, etc which, imagine that, triggers funding from an interested party for building out to P30. Etc, and so forth. Counter intuitively, it's about funding somehow.
spike-barrier.png
John, it can BOTH be about solidifying the Elio base, keeping us on board, AND about money. How this helps Elio make money, I don't know, but like you, I'm pretty certain that it's about money FIRST and anything else second.

Top Bottom