• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Latest Email From Paul Elio---- Nice Gesture Or Calming The Lynch Party???? Added Bonus

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes get ELIO on the road in private hands and then watch the numbers go up. PE would have a lot of people working for him at no cost. We would gladly show it off some of us would even allow others to drive it. If nothing else get 50 ,100 running around the US not doing one show here and there hit it ago. Do them everyday some where one after another. At this point PE has not sold 1 ELIO. Those of us that got on board were not sold on the idea we were already waiting or it. We are the low hang fruit the ones PE did not have to earn. Now the game gets real you have to really sell it. This is a big reason there are no real true investors that can carry the load yet.
One problem and a big one ELIO has no money.
Elio has money, just not the amount they need for production.
6 of our members got invites to attend a meeting with some investor guys and elio. They all live near Santa Monica California.
I think the invite was to enthusiastic reservation holders within a 4hour drive to give investors a good feeling, likely more than 6 overall I'd imagine. Hope to hear back from them.
[Broken External Image]

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has money, just not the amount they need for production.

I think the invite was to enthusiastic reservation holders within a 4hour drive to give investors a good feeling, likely more than 6 overall I'd imagine. Hope to hear back from them.
[Broken External Image]
Thanks John.
I was eating a couple of pork sirloin sandwiches when I read your post.

Last edited:

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are several car shows in my general area with excellent public attendance. I hope to prowl these with my Elio. I did this in 2006 with my first Pontiac Solstice and the attention was fantastic. It also was cool to pull up at a local grocery and have a guy owning a vintage jaguar and another with a new Corvette enthralled with my car. I would expect sales to explode when there are models on the pavement. I just can not understand why the loan is taking so long; either we meet compliance or we do not.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is there a possibility the Elio misses their target price but honors the original price for "all in" crowd?
I have been saying this for a long time.

Yes, I believe you are correct. This is what I believe will happen. They have been talking about $6,800 for a long time. If they sell none at that price, it will look bad and make bad publicity after all their talk about the price. Although they have 43,000 reservations, most are not all-in.

If they miss their target price, I believe at least the earliest of the all-in crowd would get it for the original price. I don't know if the want-in crowd would.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that the margins in these cars have to be very slim, and he is throwing as much as 350.00 back on some cars. that's 5% back on a 7000.00 car.

I could be wrong to start off with, so let's get that out of the way...

But won't Elio Motors get a tax credit for every Elio "made"... about $2500 each, because it will get over 50 mpg, is that called "green money/credit ".. or something like that... which can be sold on the open market like a bond, to larger Company's who need "green money" for environment credit issues for their Company.

The plan that Elio Motors has had from the start... was to make a P5 with the new engine to show investors and the Government, that they can do it for real...

The next 25 Elio's are for testing and group tour sales... This is the start of the Elio Nation.... it takes a lot of time to get everyone on board...

I believe Elio Motors has been up front on just about everything... way more than any other Company, So much paperwork type stuff to do in a start up... and the huge chain of parts needed to have on hand to pop out 250 Autocycles a day is massive...

To anyone who has worked in a production plant knows, just one break in the chain of parts can stop the whole system... and when the system fails money rolls out the door, not in...

My hat is off to Paul Elio and his Team... to standing up to the big car guys and starting the Elio Nation... in a few years it will be a US Elio Nation and We will be at the start of it... The Elio Nation storm is coming... just ride the waves... or hang on for the ride...

This bonus could be just what they say it is... a Thank You for hanging in there... or the cost of a transmission was over the bid... so it is going to cost us a little more....or Paul lost his wish to not have us pay the delivery charges, if we pick it up at plant... like I am going to do...

The only thing We can do is wait it out... Then drive your Elio in Pride, you waited it out when other did not believe...

Proud to Be an Elio owner #2225Z ... see ya on the road... Z rides with me too....

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: Proud to Be an Elio owner #2225Z ... see ya on the road... Z rides with me too....

Z.jpg
:)

Top Bottom