• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

La Auto Show 2016 - Guess The Color.

What color will the E1C be at the LAS-2016?

• MarshMallow(White)

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Red Hot

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Licorice(Black)

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Rocket Silver

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • True Blue

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • CreamCickle(Orange)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SourApple(Green)

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Some Pastel Mix (lighter version of the above)

• Some Tone Mix (darker version of the above)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for Blue, but looking forward to seeing what Gloss Black paint with Flat Black plastic panels looks like.

Also, really looking forward to seeing the fit-and-finish on the all-steel body. I'm not sure if we've seen that yet.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of vehicle debuts beyond the E1C (see below):
IMG_7462.PNG

http://laautoshow.com/debut-vehicles/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of vehicle debuts beyond the E1C (see below):
View attachment 11767
http://laautoshow.com/debut-vehicles/
Tease, they don't show it; other then under a cover like all the others.

I did find something very interesting; I wonder if Elio is going to be one of the vehicles:

Get behind the wheel and test drive nearly 100 of the latest models*

Details:
– Registration for all of this year’s test drives will take place onsite during the LA Auto Show (slots are available at a first-come, first-serve basis)
– Note: registration at each test drive kiosk/desk will close 30-60 minutes prior to the hours posted

Requirements to participate:
– You will have to present your 2016 LA Auto Show ticket stub prior to signing up
– Drivers must meet age requirements for each manufacturer and have a valid driver’s license
– Passengers are allowed and must be at least 8 years of age
– Drivers and passengers must sign a waiver of liability and may be asked to provide follow-up information
– You may be asked to pass a Breathalyzer test in order to participate

Tips:
– Saturdays and Sundays tend to have the most participating vehicles
– Rather than wait until later in the day, we recommend signing up to test drive your favorite vehicles upon your arrival to the show

*Ride and drive models will be posted online before the show but are subject to change without notice at the discretion of each participating brand

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tease, they don't show it; other then under a cover like all the others.

I did find something very interesting; I wonder if Elio is going to be one of the vehicles:

Get behind the wheel and test drive nearly 100 of the latest models*

Details:
– Registration for all of this year’s test drives will take place onsite during the LA Auto Show (slots are available at a first-come, first-serve basis)
– Note: registration at each test drive kiosk/desk will close 30-60 minutes prior to the hours posted

Requirements to participate:
– You will have to present your 2016 LA Auto Show ticket stub prior to signing up
– Drivers must meet age requirements for each manufacturer and have a valid driver’s license
– Passengers are allowed and must be at least 8 years of age
– Drivers and passengers must sign a waiver of liability and may be asked to provide follow-up information
– You may be asked to pass a Breathalyzer test in order to participate

Tips:
– Saturdays and Sundays tend to have the most participating vehicles
– Rather than wait until later in the day, we recommend signing up to test drive your favorite vehicles upon your arrival to the show

*Ride and drive models will be posted online before the show but are subject to change without notice at the discretion of each participating brand

Having a forum member get an actual test drive would be incredibly awesome! Who do we know going to the show? All the tease pictures were the same, obviously but I still can't wait to see another Elio!

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping for Blue, but looking forward to seeing what Gloss Black paint with Flat Black plastic panels looks like.

Also, really looking forward to seeing the fit-and-finish on the all-steel body. I'm not sure if we've seen that yet.
Another plus with basic, non-metallic black is touch up paint is cheap and plentiful for chips and scratches. You can even get it at Wallyworld. Agreed on the steel body panels. Some shapes just aren't friendly for mass production of either of those materials.
For instance, I had a '94 Z28 Camaro that had an all plastic/composite body, except for the hood and the upper rear fenders. There were no fit and finish problems to speak of from 93 to 02.
I'm sure GM would have used the same material for all of the body if it had been financially, and cosmetically prudent. They didn't. So, there is nothing to worry about. If some panels are steel, and others are composite plastic, it's been done decades before with no problems.;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Another plus with basic, non-metallic black is touch up paint is cheap and plentiful for chips and scratches. You can even get it at Wallyworld. Agreed on the steel body panels. Some shapes just aren't friendly for mass production of either of those materials.
For instance, I had a '94 Z28 Camaro that had an all plastic/composite body, except for the hood and the upper rear fenders. There were no fit and finish problems to speak of from 93 to 02.
I'm sure GM would have used the same material for all of the body if it had been financially, and cosmetically prudent. They didn't. So, there is nothing to worry about. If some panels are steel, and others are composite plastic, it's been done decades before with no problems.;)
I'd like to know which panels are made out of what material for curiosity more then anything.

Top Bottom