• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kandi K27....

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Model K27
No-Haggle Price$17,499 *
State Incentives Varies by State
Federal Tax Credit $7,500View federal incentives
As low as $9,999 after federal tax credit
26_4.jpg

kandi4.jpg
kandi3.jpg
kandi2.jpg
kandi.jpg

This new entry level Chinese made Kandi K27 with 100 mile range (there's also the high end K23) launched last Tuesday and headquartered in Texas will start delivering late this year. It's a normal car that sits 4 in 4 wheels (not 3!) Electra Meccanica who's suppose to launch their own production SOLO have a big problem- how their single seater on 3 wheels with a bare amenities can compete with this one let alone their price and range.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
kandi5.jpg

Just waiting for you Bob! ;) 63 mph top speed so definitely a city car that conveniently drives you to pick up groceries, appointments to your local hospital, clinic, dr. office, park, gold club, etc. Pound for pound the best value for the money. I've got my 1K riding on the SOLO but with their change of direction of suddenly switching their production from China to scouting for US location to build a production plant means there's no way for them to start selling in 2020 per their website.
  • Safety Features
    - Battery Protection System
    - Vehicle Anti Theft System
    - Speed Sensing Door Lock System
    - ABS + EBD
    - Over-Speed Warning
    - Seat Belt Warning
    - Backup Camera
    - Bluetooth Hand Free Devices
    - Door Ajar Warning
    - Air Bags (Driver + Front Passenger)
    - Car Seat Fixture
  • Warranty
    - Material & Workmanship (4-year or 50,000 miles whichever comes first)

- Battery (8-year or 62,000 miles whichever comes first)

Attachments

• kandi5.jpg
    kandi5.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 217

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kinda hard to compete with cheap ICE like the Yaris or Versa at that price though. Especially electric, as that is pretty expensive in my area. I freak out running the dryer twice a day, I can imagine what that would cost to charge every night. 4c per kwh to deliver, plus 5c per kwh for the supply, plus 2c in "misc charges" per kwh adds up pretty quick. If I had wind or solar for charging that would be a help, but even that is still out of reach for many. Plus just spent a week with no power due to the storm, and it averages about a week a year with no power since 2012, back then it was 3 weeks.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kinda hard to compete with cheap ICE like the Yaris or Versa at that price though. Especially electric, as that is pretty expensive in my area. I freak out running the dryer twice a day, I can imagine what that would cost to charge every night. 4c per kwh to deliver, plus 5c per kwh for the supply, plus 2c in "misc charges" per kwh adds up pretty quick. If I had wind or solar for charging that would be a help, but even that is still out of reach for many. Plus just spent a week with no power due to the storm, and it averages about a week a year with no power since 2012, back then it was 3 weeks.
Definitely can't beat Yaris and Versa plus they can go a lot faster whereas I would not venture in the freeway with K27's 63mph top speed. EV'S for the most part is still a novelty with it's range limitations - charge THEN go will never beat fill-up AND go in the real world. That's why these cheaper versions of EVs will be popular to retirees or to those that have short commute to work or play. I currently own 3 older ICE but won't mind owning an EV for a change. That's why the ELIO got so popular is because of it's ICE with a claimed range of 600+ miles between fill-ups- a claim that still stands as a myth up to this point.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that this vehicle's range has not been rated by the EPA. Its motor is rated at 60hp, and the vehicle weighs 2280lbs...the dealer website does not list a 0-60 time.

As a reference the Arcimoto FUV has an 81hp motor and weighs nearly 1,000lbs less, and a 0-60 of 7.5 seconds.

This is purely an A to B City vehicle, it will be painfully slow (especially as BEVs go)...it's basically a drivable dishwasher. Which is fine, but it's not really an alternative to an Elio. I can't honestly think of anyone that would benefit from purchasing one over any of the other options out there either in the new or used market. I could see it working as a rideshare vehicle...but rideshare hasn't worked particularly well in the US.

For instance, you can find 2016-2017 LEAFs for the same price all day long...and as a previous owner it's going to be considerably more enjoyable to own and drive.

Top Bottom