• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Joel Sheltrown Got Another Job

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How did you come to the conclusion that Joel now has two jobs?
I read it on his LinkedIn page. He has both companies listed as "Present" for the finishing date.

That's an interesting article. Good to see Elio is trying to help out Tesla too. Just like Elio helping out Polaris, Solo and Vanderhall. I have noticed the law never changed in Michigan. Does anyone know what it does for Elio when it comes to warranty work? Tesla can't do it in Michigan but Elio has pep Boys doing all of theirs. Does Pep Boys count as a franchised dealer allowed to do this? If not, does that mean when a Michigan Elio owners car needs warranty work, they will have to tow it across the state line? I know everyone here are top notch mechanics and don't care because they can do all of the work themselves (even if the engine kicks a rod out of it, they won't mind paying for a new engine and installing it themselves) but many others do not have that capability or finances to do so.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The bill apparently got passed in Michigan. See below for more details.

https://www.michiganvotes.org/2014-HB-5606

Here is the whole bill: https://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2013-2014/publicact/pdf/2014-PA-0354.pdf

Please note that this is from 2014 and the law may have been changed since then.

The Joel article is from 2015 and the bill was in 2014. Looks like it changed back.

This is what Tesla is doing: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...edo-serve-growing-michigan-market/1130089001/

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read Joel’s article and he seems like a bright guy and an asset to whatever organization he’s involved in. That brings up a ‘rhetorical’ question (all questions to Elio are rhetorical since they’re never answered, lol): Hari seems like a bright guy too, and he’s apparently even got an MBA from Stanford to prove it. Where was Hari and his advice all thru this Elio Motors saga? By any account, Hari is/was thoroughly intertwined but only appears in the capacity as ATVM liaison: he has some previous experience which never seemed to have a good outcome, it sure doesn’t appear to be his ‘strong suit.’

Could Hari’s Business Administration training and skills simply have been overlooked, or was the ‘business plan’ actually well followed? To some onlookers there were arguably glaringly obvious and chronic technical, financial, and administrative problems that would appear and disappear as the shells (and monies) were moved around.

I guess it’s ‘water over the dam.’ But it sure is interesting.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read Joel’s article and he seems like a bright guy and an asset to whatever organization he’s involved in. That brings up a ‘rhetorical’ question (all questions to Elio are rhetorical since they’re never answered, lol): Hari seems like a bright guy too, and he’s apparently even got an MBA from Stanford to prove it. Where was Hari and his advice all thru this Elio Motors saga? By any account, Hari is/was thoroughly intertwined but only appears in the capacity as ATVM liaison: he has some previous experience which never seemed to have a good outcome, it sure doesn’t appear to be his ‘strong suit.’

Could Hari’s Business Administration training and skills simply have been overlooked, or was the ‘business plan’ actually well followed? To some onlookers there were arguably glaringly obvious and chronic technical, financial, and administrative problems that would appear and disappear as the shells (and monies) were moved around.

I guess it’s ‘water over the dam.’ But it sure is interesting.
Don;t forget, Hari has a MS in Mechanical Engineering. So He would be my boss and tell me what to do when it comes to engineering and making sure i do not go down the wrong path which would cost the company dearly down the road. in addition to that, Hari has extensive experience with V-Vehicle, Next Autoworks and Elio Engineering.. He's on the VP and Executive level for these companies and thus directs as to what the low level engineers like I do.

Maybe Hari and paul had a falling out and this is what has happened. I feel that with the executive level leadership Hari has, he needs to come back in an increased level to get Elio Motors back on track when he was COO and keeping that ATVM application going. Since he left to run Yoyo and Kapeesh, Elio has had problems. maybe Paul could bring him back in and pay him more than the measly $150K a year he did a few years ago.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
‘We’ll lose money on every one we build, but we will make that up in volume, we really don’t need no loans, anyone wanna invest a few million?’ We don’t really need anymore investors, we’ll just get a big government loan. We have a plant but we don’t have no machinery, we have enough interest but too few reservations, we have great new engine technology but no proof, we have superior talent but everyone has quit or is just too busy, we put on ‘shows’ but don’t let anyone know when. We keep our website up but quietly stop taking reservations. We put out new news with no new news. We know where our money went but now have no way to tell you.’

Last edited:
Top Bottom