• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jan 27-feb 1 Wm Phoenix Open Golf Tournament

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Any golfers out there? Anyone ever play the TPC at Scottsdale's Desert course, the one us mortals can play? And then, anyone ever get the chance to play the stadium course, the one the pros play in this tournament?

Maybe one day I will finally learn to play. I found a good deal on a set of golf clubs about 15 years ago and purchased them with the intention of learning to play. I took them to the driving range one time with my cousin and he showed me what to do for about an hour or so. Since then they have been sitting in my garage collecting dust as I never got around to actually doing anything more with them. :D

The really sad bit is that for several years I literally worked next door to a golf club, and my non-profit employer sponsored several golf tournaments each year as fundraisers, yet I still never learned how to play. Instead of playing in these events I would drive around the course managing various aspects of the event while many of my co-workers enjoyed a paid day on the course. :oops:

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I lived in Phoenix from '88-'91, and I played a lot of golf while living there. I played the Desert course a lot, on some days when it was 108 degrees. Then I did get a chance to pay the Stadium course one time. Sand traps everywhere you looked. Sometimes I'd get out of the trap on the first shot, sometimes not. I remember my scores... 4, 9, 5, 10, 5, 8. lol

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any golfers out there? Anyone ever play the TPC at Scottsdale's Desert course, the one us mortals can play? And then, anyone ever get the chance to play the stadium course, the one the pros play in this tournament?

My son has started working at the Eagle Mountain Course (18hole) in Fountain Hills. (no free passes, sorry)
And I know two avid Golfers here at work. I'll try and ask.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe one day I will finally learn to play. I found a good deal on a set of golf clubs about 15 years ago and purchased them with the intention of learning to play. I took them to the driving range one time with my cousin and he showed me what to do for about an hour or so. Since then they have been sitting in my garage collecting dust as I never got around to actually doing anything more with them. :D

The really sad bit is that for several years I literally worked next door to a golf club, and my non-profit employer sponsored several golf tournaments each year as fundraisers, yet I still never learned how to play. Instead of playing in these events I would drive around the course managing various aspects of the event while many of my co-workers enjoyed a paid day on the course. :oops:
That is such a good Elio activity! Chuck your clubs in back and tootle off to golf with other Elioers! Cool.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Haven't played TPC Scottsdale. A very long time ago (late 80's) I hacked my way around PGA West Nicklaus course in La Quinta, CA. Saw their Stadium course while I was there, but that course was a lot more expensive for us non-member hackers.

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Played both in the mid-ninties on the 4th of July. As I recall it was $75 which included lunch. I think it was 150 degrees that day in the shade- a bargin at .50/ degree.
BACK IN THE 70'S I PLAYED A FEW TOURNAMENTS WITH STATE FIRE MANS ASSOC. SHOT GUN START, TWO BEER CARTS AND ONE HARD LIQUOR CART, NEEDLESS TO SAY NOBODY REMEMBERS FINISHING THE COURSE, MUCH LESS WHO WON.....

Top Bottom