• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

It's A Car In Ohio

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Zipper. I spent 30 minutes looking for information on the Georgia equivalent of the DMV. Nada or nothing. The only reference was to a 3 wheel motorcycle not an enclosed 3 wheel vehicle. So I asked a question on the online form they provided and will let you know the results if/when they respond. Sorry I wasn't able to do better than that for you. Hopefully the fact that the Elio has been shown in Georgia will help in this quest and there are people who already have "All In" numbers there. I even gave them my address, email address and phone number so they can contact me. Thanks for asking. I wish us both luck. :) Z
Z you should be getting paid for this. If your not, can you check TN. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
When do we get a peak at the p5...…:)

The last solid news we have, confirmed directly by Technosports who will do the actual build, is that the P5 will begin being built in the August/September timeframe. What we have also heard consistently is that we will not get to see the P5 on tour right away as we have the other prototypes. Instead as soon as it is complete, and tested quickly to confirm the design, it will be used as the template for the roughly two dozen pre-production 'E" builds which will be built to complete the vehicle engineering in advance of full production. Roughly half the E builds will be sacrificed to crash testing and the rest will be used for road testing, final component selection, and vehicle systems programming/tuning purposes.

I am sure these E builds will end up being shown on the road tour eventually however the first priority is to put them to work to complete the vehicle development process.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Goofyone, that's great news and is another sign that the production schedule is on track. Increases my confidence that I will be getting mine around Thanksgiving or before Christmas 2015

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About two weeks ago I sent an e-mail to our State Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Yesterday I received notification that the Elio would be registered and titled as a car in the state of Ohio.

The bureau did not even know about this vehicle. They researched the Elio online and called me back with their conclusion. I will be asking them to provide written documentation as to their decision.

Will keep everyone posted as I learn more.

Maybe everyone else should contact their state's motor vehicle control department now to resolve possible issues in the future.

OHIO

(1) Until January 1, 2017, " motorcycle" means every motor vehicle, other than a tractor, having a seat or saddle for the use of the operator and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, including, but not limited to, motor vehicles known as "motor-driven cycle," "motor scooter," or "motorcycle" without regard to weight or brake horsepower.

(2) Effective January 1, 2017, "motorcycle" means every motor vehicle, other than a tractor, having a seat or saddle for the use of the operator and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground, including, but not limited to, motor vehicles known as "motor-driven cycle," "motor scooter," "cab-enclosed motorcycle:)," or "motorcycle" without regard to weight or brake horsepower.

Cab-enclosed
motorcycle5
Not more than 3
wheels
Seat or saddle for the
operator
Occupant
compartment top
(may be removable)

$14

Displays a
single, rear
license plate

Except in regard to operation with a
temporary instruction permit, not subject
to otherwise applicable requirements
related to wearing a helmet and safety
glasses or other eye protectio

Last edited:

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A small issue of potential interest is that in California only the miniature plate is required on motorcycles and then only on a rear-facing surface. No need to drill holes in the front to accomodate the big plate.

Top Bottom