• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interior Colors?

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The exterior colors are already known. (and where is YELLOW??? I wanted YELLOW!!!! :()

They have also mentioned a leather option for the interior.

But, I have seen nothing on interior COLORS. Am I just missing it? Has anything been locked in for interior colors yet? I noticed one of the prototypes had (I think) black with blue piping, which really looked nice, and is pretty non-traditional. In going along with the "fun" nature of the vehicle, I'd love to see them offer interiors in some pretty vivid colors. Even cooler would be if they did some two-tone complimentary colors like that black with blue piping. I hope that wasn't just a tease with no intention to follow thru on the idea.

I'm hoping for a RED interior!!! Which woulda been killer with my first choice of a YELLOW exterior, (call me whimsical) but red still works well with lots of their current colors, except for maybe cremesicle.... :oops:

What color interior do you want??? :D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The exterior colors are already known. (and where is YELLOW??? I wanted YELLOW!!!! :()

They have also mentioned a leather option for the interior.

But, I have seen nothing on interior COLORS. Am I just missing it? Has anything been locked in for interior colors yet? I noticed one of the prototypes had (I think) black with blue piping, which really looked nice, and is pretty non-traditional. In going along with the "fun" nature of the vehicle, I'd love to see them offer interiors in some pretty vivid colors. Even cooler would be if they did some two-tone complimentary colors like that black with blue piping. I hope that wasn't just a tease with no intention to follow thru on the idea.

I'm hoping for a RED interior!!! Which woulda been killer with my first choice of a YELLOW exterior, (call me whimsical) but red still works well with lots of their current colors, except for maybe cremesicle.... :oops:

What color interior do you want??? :D
I think a neutral interior with purple trim would be great with my creamsicle Elio. Orange and purple are fantastic together. LOL :-) Z

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually yellow and red are popular colors for pawnshop signs..... :p:D
Not to mention Donks too:

donk_mcdonalds.jpg

(Though technically this is a Box, not a Donk, for the disriminating amongst you who know the difference. :) )

GaPawn

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not to mention Donks too:

donk_mcdonalds.jpg

(Though technically this is a Box, not a Donk, for the disriminating amongst you who know the difference. :) )

Where can I get a doll like that?!?!? :cool:

AHEM!!! That appears to be a RED car with a YELLOW vinyl top and YELLOW interior with RED accents, TYVM!!!! :confused::eek::p:D

Nothing at all like a YELLOW car with a RED interior!!! Just so you know..... ;)

Ummmm, what IS a Box and/or a Donk??? o_O

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where can I get a doll like that?!?!? :cool:

AHEM!!! That appears to be a RED car with a YELLOW vinyl top and YELLOW interior with RED accents, TYVM!!!! :confused::eek::p:D

Nothing at all like a YELLOW car with a RED interior!!! Just so you know..... ;)

Ummmm, what IS a Box and/or a Donk??? o_O
Good question. I have no idea! LOL :-) Z

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good question. I have no idea! LOL :) Z

Hi-Risers are a type of highly customized automobile, typically a traditional, full-size, body on frame, V8 powered, rear wheel drive American-built sedan modified by significantly increasing the ground clearance and adding large-diameter wheels with low-profile tires. Depending on the model and style of body, autos customized in this manner can be labeled "donk," "box," or "bubble."

Hi-risers originally grew out of the Dirty South subculture, but the trend has spread across the United States. Vehicles customized in the hi-riser style are distinguished by their oversized (even disproportionate) wheels, ranging from 20 inches to 30 inches or more in diameter (largest being 50 inch), as well as fanciful custom paint-jobs and expensive audio equipment. Suspension modifications similar to those employed on lifted pickup trucks are made to give adequate clearance for the large wheels. Often the suspension is modified so the front end sits slightly higher than the rear end, giving the car a swaggering appearance. Because of the exaggerated look gained from installing a lifted suspension and enormous wheels, donks are also known as "hi-risers" or "sky-scrapers."

The most popular vehicles for these types of modifications are late 20th century, full-size, rear wheel drive sedans and coupes manufactured by General Motors (Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Buick, andCadillac), namely the Impala, Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile 98, and Cadillac Fleetwood/Fleetwood Brougham, as well as mid-sized models such as the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. However, similar full-size Ford models (Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis) are also popular, largely due to the ability to cheaply buy former police service Crown Victorias. There are three main sub-types of hi-riser, although the distinctions are blurred and open to debate. Most hi-riser enthusiasts agree that a "donk" traditionally is a 1971 to 1976 Impala. They were given this name because the "Impala" symbol was referred to as a "donkey" by owners or "donk" for short.[citation needed] To complement the sloping rear, the suspension of donks are frequently higher in the front end than the rear, resulting in a nose-up stance. Other hi-risers are usually raised evenly, resulting in a more or less level stance. A box is another sub-type of hi-riser, usually a 1977-1990-era Impala or Caprice with a boxy or squared-off front and rear end. Other models that are frequently made into hi-risers include the G-body Buick Regal, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Chevrolet El Camino, Pontiac Grand Prix, and Pontiac Bonneville.

Other vehicles gaining in popularity as hi-risers are the Cadillac DeVille and Seville, as well as the Buick Roadmaster. Also gaining in popularity are the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car sedans. These three are the last full sized, body-on-frame, RWD sedans of which the Lincoln Town Car is the only one still being sold for 2011. In fact, the Grand Marquis in particular is enjoying a slight sales surge due to the increasing popularity of buying them new and turning them into hi-risers.

I dated a girl who's brother had one not my cup of tea I have always been a sports car / racecar person.

Top Bottom