• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Informative Video

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...p-toward-commercial-production-300292851.html

This is a great video. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to post.

At 46 seconds and 58 seconds they show the brake pad thickness. They are very thin. They look like the back pads of my hayabusa. Granted, the elio will be easy to stop, but the thicker the pads, the longer they last.

At 56 seconds, they show the radio. It was suppose to be a single DIN made of standard off the shelf components I thought. I wonder if this is unique to elio.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great find pb. For all of those who've mentioned wanting a video of the "E" series construction this is it.
Could someone who can do "screen captures" make a picture of the two items I mentions in post 1 of this thread? They may be worth discussing.

Indiana Dave

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is this what you were talking about?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At 22 seconds it shows what appears to be completed frames that have been shipped to this assembly location. Thus part of the assembly (the frame) is assembled elsewhere.

I would like to see a video of that process.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And lookee here...another set of conventional gauges in the box at the lower left corner:
image.png

And what's that toilet bowl thing in the middle of the pic, the instrument cluster bezel?

Am I seeing things or has the exhaust bulge gone on a severe diet?
image.png

On second viewing, I'm thinking this is the left side door.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The STAMPED STEEL. Probably being done by a right now short run prototype company.
I am sure it will be done by ELIO at the LA production facility when they gear up.
Big Machines making little ones.
l

Top Bottom