• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Info On Ga Motorcycle License And Helmet Requirement

X72

Reaction score
Thank you to all who posted and for suggesting the MSF. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has a campus near me. I looked on the Georgia Dept. of Driver Services website and the State of Georgia also offers classes. https://online.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/index.aspx I am going to wait and see for now before doing anything as I suspect this likely will be worked out.

X72

Reaction score
... It doesn't make sense to make someone who will be DRIVING an Elio to take a motorcycle RIDING test ....
I agree. But "government sense" often times has more to do with "contributions", vested interests, etc.. I am hoping for the best though.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. But "government sense" often times has more to do with "contributions", vested interests, etc.. I am hoping for the best though.
I would hold off till the last minute to get that done. I would be willing to bet that they'll see reasoning and waive the course. I just can't see them requiring the test... especially once the Elio starts showing up.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would hold off till the last minute to get that done. I would be willing to bet that they'll see reasoning and waive the course. I just can't see them requiring the test... especially once the Elio starts showing up.
Agreed; the Elio is more Car than it is Bike; just about everywhere else in the country has already seen that.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping first that the Elio comes to production as is being hinted at in 2017. Second, I am hoping I will not have to get a Class M endorsement since I do not have one, I am committed to buying an Elio, and I do not know how to ride a motorcycle. I am normally not an optimist, but I am when it comes to the Elio and getting things worked out. Wishing us all luck !
X72, Welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Great people here with vast experiences and expertise. Tons of information in the forum threads. Enjoy the experience, the journey, and unfortunately the long wait with us.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you to all who posted and for suggesting the MSF. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation has a campus near me. I looked on the Georgia Dept. of Driver Services website and the State of Georgia also offers classes. https://online.dds.ga.gov/motorcycle/index.aspx I am going to wait and see for now before doing anything as I suspect this likely will be worked out.
When I bought my last bike, I hadn't ridden in about 30 years so I took the Motorcycle Safety Course offered by MSF. I think the cost was about $150 and they furnished the bike. It was well worth it. Even if you don't intend to ride a 2-wheeler, a safety course never hurts.

Cam

Reaction score
If they still say that I need a M class license, I will show up in my APPLE GREEN ELIO to take the test. If it is classed as a motorcycle, then it should be good enough to take the test in (on).

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they still say that I need a M class license, I will show up in my APPLE GREEN ELIO to take the test. If it is classed as a motorcycle, then it should be good enough to take the test in (on).
Sorry... they supply the motorcycle. you have to take a safety course in lieu of an actual test.

Riding Gear
You will not be permitted to participate in the course unless you wear:

• Sturdy, over-the-ankle boots (no sneakers)
  • Long pants
  • Long sleeved shirt or jacket
  • Full fingered gloves
  • Eye protection
  • Bandana (no offensive verbiage or images)
  • We suggest you bring water, snacks, sunscreen
GMSP provides:

• Helmet (for Basic Course)
  • Face shield (for Basic Course)
  • Motorcycle (for Basic Course)

webartist

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello those from Georgia. Not sure which Georgia thread to jump in on since all other threads have very old posts. I live a few miles west of Augusta, Ga. the home of the Master's tournament. Are there some future all in and confirmed reservation owners like me in the Augusta area?

Top Bottom