• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Would Like Elio To Consider Including A "shaved Door Handle"

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it

Aha, there was a misunderstanding. Someone who responded posts a photo of the innovative Tesla door handle, this is not the 'shaved door handle' intended by the discussion - you were sidetracked. Lots of hot rods have 'shaved door handles' because the original cars door handles are 'shaved' off - removed - and replaced with the door solenoids (door poppers). Being a new design, if Elio incorporated this feature, the door handle would not be 'shaved' it would just never exist.

Imagine pushing a button on a fob and the door pops open just enough to grab it by its edge so you can open it and climb in the cabin. A door handle inside the car allows you to close it from inside and a switch inside locks or opens it again.

I know I said it wasn't a shaved door handle and it was in fact a little of both.

Mclaren MP4-12C fax machine doors. Shaved handle touch entry in early cars later cars have a button.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I said it wasn't a shaved door handle and it was in fact a little of both.

Mclaren MP4-12C fax machine doors. Shaved handle touch entry in early cars later cars have a button.
If you have to release a video tutorial of how to open your car door... you're doing it wrong

Top Bottom