• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Remember This Forum ...

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio Owners does quite well keeping the ball rolling.
With the EM news blackout on funding. And little new on the engine, the folks here have managed to keep a running conversation going with almost no news as fuel.
I do believe there are folks humping it behind closed doors at EM and that only when copulation has been attained will the doors be flung open.
I visit here only sparsely now. I check the news forum and stay away from as much of the negativity as pos. i am in this thing for the long run and have found I have to pace my self.
MK

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio Owners does quite well keeping the ball rolling.
With the EM news blackout on funding. And little new on the engine, the folks here have managed to keep a running conversation going with almost no news as fuel.
I do believe there are folks humping it behind closed doors at EM and that only when copulation has been attained will the doors be flung open.
I visit here only sparsely now. I check the news forum and stay away from as much of the negativity as pos. i am in this thing for the long run and have found I have to pace my self.
MK
After feeling compelled to debate the meaningless success of the DOE Loan Program, I'm taking a break as well.
GO DOElio!

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I check in hoping to see good news not the bad .Some days I'm a pessimist but I prefer to be an optimist .Although I question if the if the project will hit the streets ever I have to think how nest it would be if it did .

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember this forum when I first came to it. It was filled with excited people full of expectations and sharing a common energy of looking forward to something good in the future.

Things have changed recently. After the announcement of the production delay from 2015 to 2016, the mood changed from excitement and elation to disappointment and skepticism. Where there was confidence there is now worry. Where there was jubilation, there is now anxiety. Formerly there were so many posts, I could not keep up with them. Now I will come back after a break and find few new posts. I am emotionally spent. Others are too.

I recently received an email from a forum member who had decided to take a break. I have been thinking of doing likewise. They were considering staying away until:

1. funding comes through
2. the whole party is over

A few extreme naysayers have been predicting doom and gloom and recently things have taking a turn for the worse. But do know this: they have no more insight into matters than the rest of us. Their negativity is due to their own personal anguish inside them.

The ranks may thin out on this forum but when funding comes through, which I believe it will, the old members will come back and the excitement will be even greater than before. It will be like greeting old friends we never met.

Post #4

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/j...-all-others-will-be-combined.5582/#post-81109

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Another thought: with all of this free time during more delays, it becomes easier for folks to turn on one another and argue. Nothing wrong with stating opposing viewpoints and respectfully disagreeing, but there's nothing gained by telling someone that their way of thinking is wrong and ridiculous.
What? No Way! Whatsamattayu?
That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard all week!
Where do you get these ideas from?
Whatcha wanna make of it? Huh? Huh? Huh?
Whatcha gonna do 'bout it? Huh?
WHAT...EVER!

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps more discussioñ on the location of the fuel cap?
ElginDashCap.jpg

Top Bottom