• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Remember This Forum ...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about posting the $ amount that Elio has in the bank for production from their fund raising.
Is it 150 mil or is it 200 mil, we would all like to know because the end of the year is coming and it will take 6 months to get the
production line in motion if production starts my next summer. WAITING.................
Did you hear that EM has money in the bank earmarked for production? If so they should start building a prototype for testing and tooling.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And Wally World has large color inlays on their back hallway floors that recite the "ten foot rule" pledge.
It ends with "So help me Sam."
I'm not as strong in my faith as I should be, but THAT ticks me off.
Exodus 20: 3-5
Need I share my thoughts further?

I think you may have mistaken what I said or implied.
Paul is like a sower of seed.
The seed in this case the idea of an inexpensive 3 wheeled vehicle.
It may fall on fertile ground and flourish.
It may fall on shallow arid soil and grow for a moment and die.
That's the neat thing about parables.
They can be applied to anything, not just religion.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The neat thing about parables is their flexibility to apply to many circumstances. That is also one of their weaknesses, as the fit is seldom perfect.

Here's a Scripture that seems to fit the Elio saga very well:
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
(Luke 14:28–30)

The ancients, in spite of the many differences in their environment, seemed to experience many of the same life lessons that we go through. We are fortunate to have so many of their thoughts written down and available to us. No doubt Aristotle had comments that would apply here as well.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I fully expect to be driving to work one day and being made fun of for driving my Elio (I work with a bunch of type "A" personalities that wouldn't be caught dead in an Elio. or so they claim) I still believe that my reservation will be filled! I'm not worried about the naysayers.

However I must admit that I am guilty of not visiting the forum as often as I used to. The reason I'm not here as often is because I don't see any new information, a lot of baseless speculation, but nothing new!
You will not be made fun of! Just the opposite people will be trying to get up close and gawk at it. Think back the last time you saw a newly designed vehicle and it caught your attention, I remember the XKE, DeLorian, Avanti, vettes, the first Mustang. Yes I'm into watching cars, and for those not in my category this is a stand-out design that Can't be missed (coupled with some really ugly colors( this is my pitch again for yellow) will catch all but the (blind" driver's eye (South Florida- the home of the walking dead)

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The neat thing about parables is their flexibility to apply to many circumstances. That is also one of their weaknesses, as the fit is seldom perfect.

Here's a Scripture that seems to fit the Elio saga very well:
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
(Luke 14:28–30)

The ancients, in spite of the many differences in their environment, seemed to experience many of the same life lessons that we go through. We are fortunate to have so many of their thoughts written down and available to us. No doubt Aristotle had comments that would apply here as well.

Parable : a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.
I don't think your quote would be called a parable. Just a passage from a scripture.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Aristotle had thoughts on this, but I don't know of any intelligent people who are mocking PE.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait for the challenged or nai sayers get a hold on the following; Let's see is goes something like this. And the seeds were cast out so they could grow and produce. Some fell upon the road and were crushed immediately. Some amoung the sand and shallow dirt sprouted quickly and grew fast but soon dried out and blew away in the wind. Does anyone see where I'm going with this parable? LOL

I'm having a hard time driving your parable to work.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If anyone goes to a Elio show soon, it would be timely to ask about the insurance event. How many companies showed up and did they find out the expected risks which sets the relative cost compared to cars and motorcycles?

TeamCoconutOreo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You will not be made fun of! Just the opposite people will be trying to get up close and gawk at it. Think back the last time you saw a newly designed vehicle and it caught your attention, I remember the XKE, DeLorian, Avanti, vettes, the first Mustang. Yes I'm into watching cars, and for those not in my category this is a stand-out design that Can't be missed (coupled with some really ugly colors( this is my pitch again for yellow) will catch all but the (blind" driver's eye (South Florida- the home of the walking dead)

I fully expect a ton of attention, just not at my place of employment! Personally I'm a froggy green sort of guy. My Elio is sure to be an attention grabber! hopefully they keep an open front wheel fender option!

Pictured is my custom State Bicycles single speed commuter. See a pattern?

Attachments

• IMG_20150228_155326_438.jpg
    IMG_20150228_155326_438.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 199
Top Bottom