• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Have Given Up On Elio, Have You?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably my biggest issue is that Paul Elio is basically missing. It would be nice to hear things like: Paul is going to New York to talk with investors. We don't need to kow who, or what the outcome is. Just tell us what he is up to. Is he talking with suppliers or engineering companies? What I fear is that he is just sitting at home eating bon-bons waiting for the phone to ring.
I think it would help to see him out and about. At this point, he could be running a new car company and we'd never know.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't even remember when I put down my deposit. Since then I've bought a new motorcycle and diesel 4x4 truck, so the Elio is not really needed. My Prius still runs well too, so I have plenty of choices. If it went into production and they said I could pick it up, I would, but I really don't see that happening anymore. It's become a bad joke.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have I given up?

Well, I plan to live forever... ...or die trying.

I don't expect to live forever, but I haven't given up on it either.

In the same way, I am not giving up on Elio. I'm not really expecting it, but I have high hopes... and about the same odds. :p

-sterling

Great answer...makes perfect sense to me!! :pound:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt I would buy one if there was nothing honored with the current agreements. I am certain the price would go up if nothing else. I am not sure I will pick mine up if it is actually offered at this point! My desire to crawl in and out of small spaces has diminished a lot in the last 5 years. I would have to get in and out of one and check them out in person before deciding.
"Crawl in and out of small spaces"??? Hope you're not talking about the E. I've sat in it. The inside has plenty of space,there have been others (you know the ones who need belt extensions on planes) who have reported no issues either. Hey it's soooo wide, you can put your hands out of either side at the same time!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed... I sat a couple of times in the orange version. I'm 6' and not tiny ;). I had plenty of room. Plenty of leg and head room. Side to side has more room than one would imagine. Not the least bit cramped. Seating was very comfortable. If the thing drove as good as it sat, I'd drive it across the country – and have fun doing so.

Still want it, badly.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My expectations were never high since I was well aware of the risk associated with start-ups in a mature field. But I have to agree that the absence of new information and Crypto being the last new info have combined to lower my expectation to that of winning the lottery.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agreed... I sat a couple of times in the orange version. I'm 6' and not tiny ;). I had plenty of room. Plenty of leg and head room. Side to side has more room than one would imagine. Not the least bit cramped. Seating was
very comfortable. If the thing drove as good as it sat, I'd drive it across the country – and have fun doing so.
Still want it, badly.

Been there, done that....took lots of pictures, talked to people in charge and fellow spectators, sat on it several times...except for the all important test drive! My favorite is still the older silver one- I was gonna call it "Silver Streak". Sigh. I want it bad from day one. I have not given up but just gave in to another 3wheeler while waiting for our ELIO.
DSCN4050.JPG
DSCN4054.JPG
DSCN4055.JPG
DSCN4056.JPG
DSCN4058.JPG
elio.png
elio2.png

Last edited:

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nice pics! Good to see them. Thanks for posting.

IF ever available, I’d HAVE to get the extra set of fenders. I love the “Prowler” look on the Elio.

Some how - some way.... Paul HAS to get the thing built. It’s too good not to.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio does go bankrupt. Hopefully Factory Five picks up the design and then you can do just what Elio did. Use a mid 90's Metro as the donor car, while they send you the same fiberglass body that's on the E series and the previous tube frame. Because the Orange on and that Silver one had most of a Geo Metro in it. Even the instrument cluster. The HVAC was literally from the Jegs catalog, same for the shocks.

They guy down the street from me that's building the Cobra has a helper that built an 818 Coupe. That thing uses some old Subaru as the donor car. I even think they used everything down to the door hinges off of that thing. Honestly, I thought it was a pretty nice car for it being a kit. The donor was from a Subaru that was rolled and the guy picked it up for like $500.

Even if you don't have the whole Metro, there are plenty of U Pull it junkyards that have at least a few hundred of them in various states so strippage.

Top Bottom