• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Couldn't Wait

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(..... googling Luddite.....). :rolleyes:
Which is a funny label to put on myself, seeing as my other car is an EV. But the way I see it, an Electric car is mechanically less complicated than a gas powered car, and doesn't rely on the gasoline distribution system. Furthering the pursuit of a simpler life :D

119mc6x.jpg

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simplicity is more the goal. Complex systems break, often, just because they are complex systems. I like old style mirrors that you manually adjust, why? Because unless I get sideswiped, they always work, and if I do, I simply replace it, cheaply. Everything that has ever broken on my newer cars has been 'electronic', not mechanical. And the 'electronic part' costs me far more than going to the junkyard or picking it up on Ebay and installing it myself. I have a 2004 Sentra sitting in the driveway that won't start because of some 'electronic issue'. Plenty of fuel, plenty of spark, but some gadget somewhere is not allowing it to start. Nobody able to fix it so far. The 'low tire' indicator lite in the 2008 Versa will not shut off, caused me to put 60 pounds of air in the tires and almost blow them out, bad sensor (somewhere, doesnt tell you which one). At 50 bucks a sensor (they tell me I can only use Nissan sensors) I do not feel like guessing which one it is, dismounting each tire in turn and replacing one at a time.
Technology is fragile, mechanical equipment is not.

Triangles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when did you start working for Elio Motors and have first hand knowledge of everything you stated?
If you haven't, you are simply speculating and you have no real information.
Still you miss what is clearly in front of your nose. I explicitly said I have no knowledge of EM. I was speaking from my experience in manufacturing. Not unlike a carpenter who knows how long it takes to build a house calling bullsh!t on another claiming they'll have their house built in significantly shorter time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triangles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be picking fly sh*t from pepper here, but 'I thought' part of the purpose of some of the E-series was to set up the actual production line stations [build sequence] so that when the line starts for the production models most of the issues have been addressed. It would be ridiculous to build each E-series the same way all of the P-series models were made [basically, one-off]. Which, in my mind, means that when the funds are received, they're ready to go...no 6 month wait after getting the money, as you stated.

That said, I could be 100% wrong...wouldn't be the first time. ;)

LOL I think you are on to something here.... I vaguely remember EM had said something about using some the stamping dies on the final production line. I wonder if that was dependent on them raising the full 25 million.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Add me to the list of people that could not wait. 2013 Leaf 17K miles $12K and another 3K tax credit. So net 9K. I am now driving my and car as my primary driver a Crown Vic is sitting. I love this car!
I thought the tax credit was only for new cars, and if you paid taxes above 7.5k you could take up to the 7.5k

Electric Vehicle Tax Credits Can't Be Passed on
One question that occasionally pops up is just who gets to claim the tax credit in the case of low-mileage cars that dealerships sell after having used them as demonstrators or loaner cars.

There was quite a fuss early in the history of the plug-in hybrid Chevrolet Volt when it turned out that several dealerships had, for various reasons, registered new Volts in their own names. By doing so, they made the subsequent retail buyers ineligible for the car's $7,500 federal tax credit.

The answer in the Volt tax credit flap is pretty simple: Only the original registered owner of an eligible vehicle can claim the federal tax credit. Even if the original registered owner didn't apply for the credit for some reason, it cannot be passed along to a subsequent buyer.

Bold underline me

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I can get the STATE credit because in CO if the car was never titled here. You are correct though. The federal credit is gone. The dealer bought this car at auction in GA and brought it to Boulder. I would not pay 30K for a new one though. I think eventually EVs will end up without a credit around 20K and if they get a 250 mile range they will wipe out the car industry. It's all good.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I can get the STATE credit because in CO if the car was never titled here. You are correct though. The federal credit is gone. The dealer bought this car at auction in GA and brought it to Boulder. I would not pay 30K for a new one though. I think eventually EVs will end up without a credit around 20K and if they get a 250 mile range they will wipe out the car industry. It's all good.
And I get every penny of the tax credit - which is different from the federal. 12500x.24 (kwh) = $3000 - the credit is based on the battery size.

Top Bottom