• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Much Angst Has The Waiting For Your Elio Caused?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HECK , I WOULD SETTLE FOR A P-51 .
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXaS7fyesQvzR_eIpbX8YBAmz4untGxt7yvfMSYqDOVsQUAGXqAg.jpg
I believe Silas did a great looking P51 wrap for the Elio and I'm thinking of doing that to mine.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have tried to put it out of my mind and not really pay much attention to delays.
I do have to make decisions based on my current needs and now I find myself in need of a new or newer car.
What am I to do?
I am making decisions right now based on not getting an Elio.
That is not my want nor what I want to believe, but that is my reality.
How are the rest of you fairing on these types of decisions?

P.S. the anti Elio crowd does not need to weigh in on this. Only want to hear from those that have some skin into the game.
I am relatively new, but I live with hope. I received my $1000 T-shirt today.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Subaru's are a tough vehicle (tough to work on)
I loved mine, but $14,000 in repairs in 5 years was too much to live with..
I love my Subys. I have had 4. They are a 300,000 mile car, but a good trade at about 125,000 is recommended. That is before the belt change and still gives a good trade-in value. I recommend it. The dealer cost for late maintenance or repairs is prohibitive. The DIY mechanic may find the tool cost prohibitive. I do not do the recommended maint except oil change and tire rotation. That has been my experience. I don't believe there is a better car. Current BAJA has 134k. Time for a trade, but I like the Baja.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Waiting on the elio has caused high blood pressure, weight gain, diabetes, hair loss and constant digestive distress... :p
You don't know if that has't contributed to your longevity. Without the evidence of the disorders, you may not have sought treatment. I don't know where that idea came from. It is just part of the product development mindset that I have to work with.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love my Subys. I have had 4. They are a 300,000 mile car, but a good trade at about 125,000 is recommended. That is before the belt change and still gives a good trade-in value. I recommend it. The dealer cost for late maintenance or repairs is prohibitive. The DIY mechanic may find the tool cost prohibitive. I do not do the recommended maint except oil change and tire rotation. That has been my experience. I don't believe there is a better car. Current BAJA has 134k. Time for a trade, but I like the Baja.
I had 3 turbos kill themselves (and take the whole motor with them), still wish I had my Forrester, but a new motor every 30,000 was a bit much. I blame the dealer totally, I do believe they installed used turbos in the car, warranty was only 12mo/12,000 miles...oh well I have other cars.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I didn't wait, I bought a PriusC last year on lease. But I'm still getting my Elio's, and keeping my Prius too. However, I may dump the family van in trade for one of the Elio's.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking to move on to another job, but one that's going to require a sizable commute. Hoped to have my Elio by now to make this transition, but . . . . It looks like I've got to buy something fairly cheap and disposable as I'll put about 20K per year on it just driving to and from work. Sadly, It appears that I'm going to be Exxon/Mobil's new best customer.

Market tip: buy XOM now before I start commuting again.

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking... Instead of hiding progress on the p5 to manage our "expectations", elio motors should put up a live webcam of the p5 build... i think it would generate a lot of excitement, traffic and PR... and they could still update us with high quality pics and other words that say stuff and things...

I could see us now watching a live webcam of a shell of a car and us betting on whether we would see a human or if they have an actual tool in their hand.
watching grass grow would be more exciting if it were not for our comments....LOL

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could see us now watching a live webcam of a shell of a car and us betting on whether we would see a human or if they have an actual tool in their hand.
watching grass grow would be more exciting if it were not for our comments....LOL
That's OK. It's well ahead of the paint-drying spectacle we've been enjoying from February til just now...

Top Bottom