• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Have Seen An Elio In Person?

How many on this forum have seen an Elio in person?

• Total voters

EastCoastCentralFla

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw a Elio for the first time in Jacksonville at a mall last September. It was huge inside sitting in the drivers seat. My inseam is 30" so if and when there's a passenger in the back they would have room as well. In a lot of cars my hair is saying hello to the ceiling fabric. Delightfully not so in the Elio, plenty of headroom.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw a Elio for the first time in Jacksonville at a mall last September. It was huge inside sitting in the drivers seat. My inseam is 30" so if and when there's a passenger in the back they would have room as well. In a lot of cars my hair is saying hello to the ceiling fabric. Delightfully not so in the Elio, plenty of headroom.
Same here but 34" inseam... 6'3" and it felt quite roomy inside. I drive an F-350 so there wasn't quite THAT much room but I didn't feel too close to either side or the ceiling. I didn't sit in the back though.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
elio.JPG

PhilBob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Saw the P4 in Chicago about a year ago. Sat in both front and rear seats. Rear seat was a bit claustrophobic but it was comfortable. The driver's position was very good with a terrific view of road. Fit and finish looked good for a prototype, but interior was still a bit rough in design. Hope the road performance matches the impression that the rest of the vehicle gives. Can't wait to see the refinements of the P5.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
>Seriously cool vehicle. A unique piece of US automotive history. This all factory HMV (High Mileage Vehicle) Freeway was made in Minnesota in 1981 as part of an enterprise to prove 100mpg was possible and practical. Unfortunately insufficient startup funding combined with falling gas prices bankrupted the operation after making around 700.

This is my fear of Elio. At my work picnic a guy commented on my Elio shirt saying he isn't a reservation holder, but is hoping it comes out as it is ideal for his commute each day. So with folks like him, hopefully what happened with HMV won't happen with Elio. Only time will tell.

Yup, 50-60k Elios in the HOV
lanes of USA....a no brainer!
Go Elio!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EVEN WITH ALL OF IT's SHORTCOMINGS & HIGH PRICE , WHAT REALLY SOLD THE FREEWAY
WAS IT's REMARKABLE CONCEPT . THE HIGH EFFICIENCY 3 WHEEL COMMUTER CAR .

I HAVE LONG HELD THAT DONE RIGHT , THIS COULD BE A BIG WINNER OF NOT A WORLD CHANGER .
FOR MANY YEARS I HAVE WANTED TO SEE MODERN TECHNOLOGY ALONG WITH GOOD
SAFETY FEATURES & CREATURE COMFORT IN AN AUTOCYCLE PACKAGE . ...
FROM WHAT I CAN SEE , ELIO IS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT THAT HMV GOT WRONG .
IF THEY CAN MAKE IT TO PRODUCTION , I KNOW IT WILL BE A HUGE SUCCESS .
-Ditto-!
Historically, Automakers have been exceptionally dismissive of bubble (mini, micro, Messerschmitt, Issetta) cars and this kind of vehicle in general, and have done all the PR they possibly could to say the public won't buy it. It was a ruse totally countered by the historical evidence.

The real issue was price, a low price is what was needed to support the purpose of low cost for the public. Traditionally, automakers want to justify a high price.

As the Elio gets closer to a viable basis, you can expect the under-the-counter push back to get more intense. The trolls and the irate will be more active as EM gets more success. Everyone will up their game.

But ultimately because we want it, and know we can get it, it's a done deal!

Last edited:

daniel Bazley

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see the Elio in person, but to my knowledge, with all the trips it has made around the country, the closest it has been would have been a 4 to 5 hour drive for me. I keep hoping they will one day make a stop in the Indianapolis or Cincinnati area which wouldn't be too much of a drive for me.

Top Bottom