• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hot Off The Press: Intent To Manufacture Engines Signed With Linamar

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM declares bankruptcy ALL its assets are pooled to make creditors whole. I doubt they could rorganize under Chapter 11.
And I would imagine rights to the engine design and mfg. would be sold in an effort to make creditors whole.

Reactions: Ekh

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I would imagine rights to the engine design and mfg. would be sold in an effort to make creditors whole.
It's hard to know exactly what rights Elio has to it's motor without knowing the details of the contracts. It may be a license for all we know and it may be specific to engines used in their own vehicles or they my have purchased complete rights and sold off non elio uses. Or neither.

We just don't know.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the one car that I've had that was just memorable was my 74 Lotus Europa.
1600 Twin-Cam JPS (JPS- Johnny Player Special), only car that would redline in 5th gear; fantastic in the dry, stay in the garage when it was wet because all of the control you had, goes away in the wet. Hard as hell to get in and out of; no luggage room, but who cares, it was so much fun to drive.
Colin & Emerson heros imo......

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to know exactly what rights Elio has to it's motor without knowing the details of the contracts. It may be a license for all we know and it may be specific to engines used in their own vehicles or they my have purchased complete rights and sold off non elio uses. Or neither.

We just don't know.
Very true, but Elio hired IAV
not the reverse.......

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You used fiberglass instead of real Deloreans?
Fiber glass chopper gun shot into a mold and vacuum formed components glued to the surfaces to create the appearances of the Delorean.
I still have the one remaining decal for the flux capacitor. Only the gullwing doors worked as expected. Everything else was smoke and mirrors.

Top Bottom