• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Help!!! Stripped Spark Plug Hole Helicoil Not Working..

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Ian442, how's the project going? Has the Sunfire turned into a black hole? :flame:
It is fixed as of this Thursday evening a new Helio coil with RTV red sealant and it is good to go.

I also replace the front rotors and shoes change the transmission fluid change the oil and will be changing the antifreeze tomorrow.

And I'm up to 249000 miles

Thanks for checking in on me

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It is fixed as of this Thursday evening a new Helio coil with RTV red sealant and it is good to go.
I also replace the front rotors and shoes change the transmission fluid change the oil and will be changing the antifreeze tomorrow.
And I'm up to 249000 miles
Thanks for checking in on me
Cool, you left us hanging; kind of like the commercial before the revealing plot is shown.
Old GM never die, they just ask for more attention. Kind of like a high maintenance woman :becky:

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read about the engineering team of the Ecotec 2.2L motor. They were looking for Toyota durability and then some. That motor has it. The only reason I ever had a problem in the first place is because I tried to do a tune up on a hot aluminum head...

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm. Checked the link for TimeSerts and I see that they have tapered pipe thread inserts as well. Could have used that a time or two on an EMD marine engine... Filed away for future reference, thanks!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read about the engineering team of the Ecotec 2.2L motor. They were looking for Toyota durability and then some. That motor has it. The only reason I ever had a problem in the first place is because I tried to do a tune up on a hot aluminum head...
Yup. I learned the hard way to always use Anti-sieze and torque to proper specs.

Top Bottom