• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hello From Western Ma

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Former motorcycle rider and efficiency nut here. I'm not "allowed" to get a motorcycle until my kids are out of college, so I have a ways to go, but the Elio would be the next best thing for me.

Judging by how many Prii, Smarts, and even Tesla's I've seen on the road in this area and considering how "green" people around here try to be, I'm expecting a big hit in the Northampton, MA area for this type of car.

I love the simplicity of the design to get the mpg up. That's what drove me nuts about the Aptera, I knew they were swinging for the fences when they could have just simplified and lived with a little less efficiency to get people to buy in at a lower price point. I'm hoping the reservations keep growing so that there is confidence within Elio to move forward into production.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Former motorcycle rider and efficiency nut here. I'm not "allowed" to get a motorcycle until my kids are out of college, so I have a ways to go, but the Elio would be the next best thing for me.

Judging by how many Prii, Smarts, and even Tesla's I've seen on the road in this area and considering how "green" people around here try to be, I'm expecting a big hit in the Northampton, MA area for this type of car.

I love the simplicity of the design to get the mpg up. That's what drove me nuts about the Aptera, I knew they were swinging for the fences when they could have just simplified and lived with a little less efficiency to get people to buy in at a lower price point. I'm hoping the reservations keep growing so that there is confidence within Elio to move forward into production.

I'm not "allowed" to get anothe rmotorcycle either. I already proved my wife to be right when I had a pretty bad accident in September. I had already been looking at the Elio before the wreck and went all in in january. This is my motorcycle compromise as well. lol

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not "allowed" to get anothe rmotorcycle either. I already proved my wife to be right when I had a pretty bad accident in September. I had already been looking at the Elio before the wreck and went all in in january. This is my motorcycle compromise as well. lol
Hope you're all healed by now. The Lit C1 was on my radar first, but it is too expensive at this point ($24k) and I think it may take longer to get to market, although they still say their timeline is the same as the Elio.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope you're all healed by now. The Lit C1 was on my radar first, but it is too expensive at this point ($24k) and I think it may take longer to get to market, although they still say their timeline is the same as the Elio.
Thanks. Not healed completely, but getting there. Plate and screw in my ankle, broken leg below the knee, Sprained MCL, and a shattered elbow that required 2 plates and 9 screws (with some missing bone that apparently fell out from the open wound) LOL 44 years without a single broken bone and I go and do that!. But I'm alive and functioning well, just a little slow at times. Doctor cleared me to get back out on the ice to play hockey so its all good!

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to here anyone who has had a bike mishap is ok. Got my first bike when I was 16. Had it for a year before someone wasn't looking and ran into me. I was ok so I got another and haven't locked back. Gave it up while my son was young but have one at the present time. I'm 68 and every spring I worry just a little more about the other guy not looking. To me the Elio is the answer to me not worrying, and having something to ride all year.

Top Bottom