• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Helene

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sure hope things are looking up for the folks that have suffered from the impact of Helene .... we got plenty of rain and some wind in central NC but the brunt of the storm passed through our state a couple of hundred miles west of us .... earlier this week on Tuesday I had surgery to replace my right knee .... 2 days in the hospital and the rest at home with 2 days of physical therapy .... I'm recovering slowly and haven't spent much time on a computer .... 7 years ago when I had the left knee replaced, I was in the hospital for 3 days and have come to believe that the extra day of care in the hospital really speeded up my recovery .... I'm scheduled to be at home with 3 sessions of physical therapy per week through Oct 10th when I'll transition out of in home therapy to traveling to a dedicated facility .... unsure how long the therapy will continue .... Cat 4 Helene really made a mess of things in the western NC mountains .... from what we've heard, most roads are blocked and its going to take a good while to fully restore power

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
rain from remnants of Hurricane Helene are moving back through our area dropping steady rain .... no lightening or thunder, hardly any wind .... the current rain band is supposed to be out of here in an hour or so .... 65% chance off and on for the rest of the day .... we have many friends and relatives who live in Western NC .... thankfully, all are physically OK but the scope of property damage is really hard to believe .... my first intensive session of in home physical therapy us scheduled for later this morning .... while I'm dreading it in one way, I'm happy its here .... really looking forward to getting back to as normal as I can get ....

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
good wishes truly appreciated .... first intensive home physical therapy session has come and gone .... the ice/water filled cooler that pumps the cold water around my knee is a wonderful invention

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
my home area is about 50 miles west of Asheville, NC .... its bad === really, really bad .... we still have a large number of family and friends who live in that area .... most have very limited access to water, food and electricity .... it will take a very long time to clear the down tress and clear the residue from downed buildings .... the number of areas that it will take months (if not years) to rebuild the roads to is hard to grasp .... there simply aren't enough tree removal companies to clear the roads and driveways .... a few years back I could have loaded up my tree clearing saws, winch, truck, trailers and related equipment -- head west and offered some serious help .... those days are long gone

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hope all goes well with the new knee.

Get well, soon!!
my right knee was replaced one week ago ===> removed bandage earlier this morning .... incision appears to be in good shape .... removing the bandage noticeably reduced the feeling of pressure in the knee area

Attachments

• 241001 001 Right Knee at 1 week 001.jpg
    241001 001 Right Knee at 1 week 001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 241001 003 bandage 001.jpg
    241001 003 bandage 001.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 241001 003 bandage 002.jpg
    241001 003 bandage 002.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 241001 002 bandage removed att 1 week 002.jpg
    241001 002 bandage removed att 1 week 002.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
my home area is about 50 miles west of Asheville, NC .... its bad === really, really bad .... we still have a large number of family and friends who live in that area .... most have very limited access to water, food and electricity .... it will take a very long time to clear the down tress and clear the residue from downed buildings .... the number of areas that it will take months (if not years) to rebuild the roads to is hard to grasp .... there simply aren't enough tree removal companies to clear the roads and driveways .... a few years back I could have loaded up my tree clearing saws, winch, truck, trailers and related equipment -- head west and offered some serious help .... those days are long gone
I understand, my Friend.

Top Bottom