• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hay! Ecsjohn

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL very cool, it looked a lot quieter in 1969! I assume you are a Beatles fan--did you enjoy the recent special celebrating the 50th anniversary of their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show?
Yes, I watched the show. Good memories. My 17 year old daughter is into Elvis. Go figure.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I watched the show. Good memories. My 17 year old daughter is into Elvis. Go figure.
If I remember correctly I was about 17 when the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan Show. I believe I also saw Elvis on that show. At the time I was "a little old lady" in attitude and didn't appreciate either. I had to grow up to appreciate popular music over classical. Now I love the Beatles but still think EW! when I see anything about Elvis. Do you know if the 50th Anniversary Beatles show is available over the internt? I haven't watched TV since 2003 so missed it. Of the old groups the Beatles and Queen are my favorites. Z

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I remember correctly I was about 17 when the Beatles were on the Ed Sullivan Show. I believe I also saw Elvis on that show. At the time I was "a little old lady" in attitude and didn't appreciate either. I had to grow up to appreciate popular music over classical. Now I love the Beatles but still think EW! when I see anything about Elvis. Do you know if the 50th Anniversary Beatles show is available over the internt? I haven't watched TV since 2003 so missed it. Of the old groups the Beatles and Queen are my favorites. Z

When I was a DJ back in the early-mid 70s, I used to play Killer Queen when I had to go to the bathroom or get something to eat. Three songs on the whole LP, all most 3 hrs long. Mostly just played Flick of the wrist.

Last edited:

ECAJohn

Elio Fan
Reaction score

It's not on the internet as far as I know. I hope that it gets released on DVD someday because it was an awesome show if you're a Beatles fan. I have it on my DVR, and have seen it 5 times so far. My wife is sick of it.

I watched the Beatles on Ed Sullivan at age 6, at my uncle's house. Still a big fan.

Top Bottom