• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Have Any Questions For Paul Elio? Send Them To The The Times

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I received a reply on my first question, but not the second. I wonder if they did a cutoff because of time limits?
I'm sure she had a landslide of questions come in.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some great news from that article:
"Bill Callen, spokesman for RACER Trust, said the trust and Elio have agreed to extend the company's deadline to create the 1,500 promised job to mid-2016.

"We believe that Elio Motors, while behind schedule, is taking the necessary and appropriate steps to overcome its challenges and start production," Callen said.

The deadline original expired Feb. 1."

Looks like EM and PE dodged a bullet again.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CPPI incentive looks real good after production begins. 13% of wages back from the state for 10 years. (A few strings attached)WIllie
Do I read that at $7.8m per year based on 1500 workers if I use the figure of $40k/yr income each worker? That's $32 extra profit split over each car at 240k units /year.

Every penny counts.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did something different:
"My question is about reservations.

Any idea how they are going to handle reservations when production time comes?

Will there be some kind of cutoff point so that once production is announced there isn’t a flood of “Johnny come lately” people jumping in line in front of the people that have waited so long because for one reason or another couldn’t afford to do the $1,000 All In?
I’m a $500 All In and can’t afford to go to $1,000 living on a Social Security Disability benefit and I’ve been an All In since early 2014.
I would be crushed if a few thousand people jumped line in front of me that didn’t wait at all.

I have the money for purchase arranged so that part isn’t a problem, but it’s inaccessible until purchase time.

Please let me know."

Let's see if they even ask this one ............
Hate to say it Coss, but you can always "follow the money", when it comes down to it.
I'm all in at the same level you are, and honestly think it's the best level to be! If you look at the reservation chart on this site, the $500.00 all in, is a sliver in the pie chart between the $1000.00 and $250.00 and massive $100.00 all in.
For half the risk, we won't be far behind the people that risked $1000.00 (which would hurt, not devistate my family) for a measly number? I don't need a number to feel satisfied. We will still be a first year production owner.
I kinda like the fact, that by the time they get to our Elios, all the unskilled workers will be skilled, and most of the no good workers (lets face it. We all have a few at work) will have been weeded out by then. In my opinion (feel free to make it your own. LOL), We are in the catbird seat! True, we have no number, but are VERY close to those that do, at half the risk, money wise.;)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hate to say it Coss, but you can always "follow the money", when it comes down to it.
I'm all in at the same level you are, and honestly think it's the best level to be! If you look at the reservation chart on this site, the $500.00 all in, is a sliver in the pie chart between the $1000.00 and $250.00 and massive $100.00 all in.
For half the risk, we won't be far behind the people that risked $1000.00 (which would hurt, not devistate my family) for a measly number? I don't need a number to feel satisfied. We will still be a first year production owner.
I kinda like the fact, that by the time they get to our Elios, all the unskilled workers will be skilled, and most of the no good workers (lets face it. We all have a few at work) will have been weeded out by then. In my opinion (feel free to make it your own. LOL), We are in the catbird seat! True, we have no number, but are VERY close to those that do, at half the risk, money wise.;)
Oh, and feed that black cat! the poor thing looks hungry!:p

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, yes, when EM says 1000 cars a day, it means no reservation has to wait very long. So why put a full 1k in? I'm very glad to have my 1K in, but my other two? Not so much. I may up one of those to get a little earlier.
On the other hand, I kind of want to help get this thing going and giving a little cash up front, I'm willing to do that.

Top Bottom