• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Has anyone seen the Electra Solo?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It basically looks like a copy of the Elio with a car front end, and no rear seat. I wish they made an ICE powered version, but I bet the electric is peppy. Poor range though, which is why I'd rather have an ICE version...

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a solo back in 2014, other than some select and carefully picked sales, no mass production as of yet, although they keep threatening that a big shipment will be coming from China. I got my deposit refunded in 2018 and havent looked back. I then put a deposit on a Sonders, but cancelled that after only two years as that was going nowhere.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a solo back in 2014, other than some select and carefully picked sales, no mass production as of yet, although they keep threatening that a big shipment will be coming from China. I got my deposit refunded in 2018 and havent looked back. I then put a deposit on a Sonders, but cancelled that after only two years as that was going nowhere.
I had a deposit on Solo Signature Series #122 back in the day. I’m currently waiting on the full door option for the in production FUV. I came down with a case of A.S.S after the test drive. Arcimoto Smiling Syndrome. :)

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why these reverse trike designs are having such a hard time getting off the ground? Let's say just for argument's sake, one of these vehicles offers no benefit other than being fun to drive (of course, we all know that isn't the case in reality). That alone should make these things extremely marketable...

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why these reverse trike designs are having such a hard time getting off the ground? Let's say just for argument's sake, one of these vehicles offers no benefit other than being fun to drive (of course, we all know that isn't the case in reality). That alone should make these things extremely marketable...
It all comes down to how much you're willing to pay for fun. There's the Slingshot from Polaris, it's available to buy @ 20k and up. It's also ICE w/ 203hp engine which will deliver all the fun, the looks, attention and adrenaline rush you'll ever need. 3wheelers are expensive to MASS produce because not a lot of people are looking to buy them as their daily ride. The Slingshot was first introduced in 2014 as a 2015 model and by far they've only sold 30K + and it takes 12+ weeks to get yours delivered so that's not really mass produced is it?

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 2 new startups in the process of production scale are manufacturing three wheelers with reasonable levels of safety everybody can drive and getting ready to make three wheeler mass production history. Arcimoto‘s FUV and ElectraMeccanica‘s Solo.
1666035672171.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It all comes down to how much you're willing to pay for fun. There's the Slingshot from Polaris, it's available to buy @ 20k and up. It's also ICE w/ 203hp engine which will deliver all the fun, the looks, attention and adrenaline rush you'll ever need. 3wheelers are expensive to MASS produce because not a lot of people are looking to buy them as their daily ride. The Slingshot was first introduced in 2014 as a 2015 model and by far they've only sold 30K + and it takes 12+ weeks to get yours delivered so that's not really mass produced is it?
You bring up a good point. There is a three wheeler that is a startup that went from conception to production in six years. They made them for billionaires. As we all know, only they can afford $30K play toys. What it does show is that it doesn't take 10-12 years for a startup three wheeler to get to production. On the other hand, it was privately funded and we can't see the financials like the publicly traded companies that do three wheelers.

With the FUV aimed at the poor and Elio even cheaper than that, it seems to me that it might be that these uber cheap three wheelers actually do not exist or the ones being made are a money losing proposition all with the hopes that millions of people will do an about face and go for them. Driving up production numbers like 250K for Elio to make it profitable (at least according to Paul).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m an obvious Arcimoto fan, but pissapointed in the slow progress and no full door option during their 2 1/2 years in production. Uncertain of their future success or failure. All the current Owners and media sources provide for rave reviews. It’s the one startup vehicle that is both fun and functional relatively safe, affordable three wheeler. It has numerous model options on the same platform. That provides for increased market demographics……if or when they scale production numbers, considering their current financial status typical to new startups. Most of the FUV club member FUV owners say they choose driving their FUVs for around town errands over the family car. I believe ElectraMecannica plans on platform models as well, but the single seat may limit interest.
1666107627221.jpeg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You bring up a good point. There is a three wheeler that is a startup that went from conception to production in six years. They made them for billionaires. As we all know, only they can afford $30K play toys. What it does show is that it doesn't take 10-12 years for a startup three wheeler to get to production. On the other hand, it was privately funded and we can't see the financials like the publicly traded companies that do three wheelers.

With the FUV aimed at the poor and Elio even cheaper than that, it seems to me that it might be that these uber cheap three wheelers actually do not exist or the ones being made are a money losing proposition all with the hopes that millions of people will do an about face and go for them. Driving up production numbers like 250K for Elio to make it profitable (at least according to Paul).

The 2 new startups in the process of production scale are manufacturing three wheelers with reasonable levels of safety everybody can drive and getting ready to make three wheeler mass production history. Arcimoto‘s FUV and ElectraMeccanica‘s Solo.
View attachment 26077
I have not seen any update on Electra Meccanica's Arizona production plant. I don't think they're getting enough orders to justify "mass production" at this point. Too bad really because it's got the resemblance of a normal car minus 1 wheel. Had it been powered by ICE, I would've easily overlook the single seat and buy it in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Hog

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn't go that far saying the FUV is aimed at the poor- it is still a 20k + 3wheeler. ELIOMOTORS' "come on" starting price of 7k definitely helped garnered interest to the tune of 90+ K reservations but not the investors who knows better. I would really love them to just go back where they started with the ICE platform, start small, sell limited numbers and priced REALISTICALLY. They've already spent millions on ads so they're already well known. I can envision those original reservation holders getting excited all over again, but this time around, they can actually own one.

Top Bottom