• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Group Is Slowing Down

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I looked around for one
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9DEAuWi9SIG0r9xg91oqD81rEkQSj1qU6Ydz5yi-F2qP1C5L80Q.jpg

Will this help?
I see 2 rockets in the graphic. Whose is the biggest?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see 2 rockets in the graphic. Whose is the biggest?

It's really tough finding a good 1950s style science fiction rocket ship anymore. All so many people know anymore is
Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars style space ships. Maybe the second one is a scout ship that they unloaded fro the cargo hold?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not want to be the "grump", but what do we talk about?
politics? no
relegion? no
whether Elio will ever produce a car? no
the refinement of a car that does not exist? no
I do not surf this site much anymore because there is not much to talk about.
Funding for Elio? will he get it?
Modifications? how do you modify something that doesn't exist?

It is really hard to find an interesting relevant topic that has not been covered.

till then I will just check in once in a while.

Latest production first half of 2016 if funding comes through, WOW, Living the Dream

Nailed it.....

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove my 2007 Prius to St. Louis today to pick up my gal at the airport and got 44.6 mpg on 420 miles. It is a real kick to fill up for so little. On the return trip, I was thinking about what it would be like to be getting 84 mpg. The trip would have taken exactly 5 gallons.....instead of 9.4 in the Prius, and 20+ gallons for many vehicles on the road today.
The obvious 50 to 75% reduction in fuel consumption from 1000,000 Elios will reduce pollution of all sorts, by a large enough amount to be significant, greatly reduce fossil fuel demand (hm-m-m-m, wonder who would NOT like that) and, at 1200 pounds, require less than half the raw materials to build, and offer the same saving when finally put to rest and recycled. A real "car" for $7000 will be like the ubiquitous .22 rifle. Everybody can afford one. I think the Elio will be everywhere, and demand will far exceed production.
The Elio is a good deal all the way around. This trike really needs to happen.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I drove my 2007 Prius to St. Louis today to pick up my gal at the airport and got 44.6 mpg on 420 miles. It is a real kick to fill up for so little. On the return trip, I was thinking about what it would be like to be getting 84 mpg. The trip would have taken exactly 5 gallons.....instead of 9.4 in the Prius, and 20+ gallons for many vehicles on the road today.
The obvious 50 to 75% reduction in fuel consumption from 1000,000 Elios will reduce pollution of all sorts, by a large enough amount to be significant, greatly reduce fossil fuel demand (hm-m-m-m, wonder who would NOT like that) and, at 1200 pounds, require less than half the raw materials to build, and offer the same saving when finally put to rest and recycled. A real "car" for $7000 will be like the ubiquitous .22 rifle. Everybody can afford one. I think the Elio will be everywhere, and demand will far exceed production.
Good analogy with the .22 rifle and it's ammo cost.
I own two at the present time and am eventually going to get a $150 bolt group to switch my 5.56/.223 to 22lr at will.
Let's hope the Elio turns out to be as well built and reliable as the Glenfield model 25 bolt that I've had for almost 50 years.
I got three more 222-round bulk packs of Winchester hollow points for $31.40 Friday morning.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Just think of the reduced wear and tear on the roads from lighter cars.

JJ

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Nothing new is the only OLD news for months. I'm almost ready to opt out of the Elio updates as they are all about the board or supplies, or another article to keep the ol' carrot dangling in front of us. To bad we are not earning interest on our money... at the rate things are going, my Elio would be paid off by the time it gets here. Oh wait, just wishful thinking... it will never get here I'm convinced :-(

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing new is the only OLD news for months. I'm almost ready to opt out of the Elio updates as they are all about the board or supplies, or another article to keep the ol' carrot dangling in front of us. To bad we are not earning interest on our money... at the rate things are going, my Elio would be paid off by the time it gets here. Oh wait, just wishful thinking... it will never get here I'm convinced :-(

If you are "All In" your deposit is probably earning 50% interest.

Top Bottom