• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Get Rid Of The Kammback.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aerodynamics controls the shape and since high MPG is a target , that's the way it is! I too liked the rounded rear better but function must be followed by design so we are duty bound to have a Kamback butt on our ELIO!

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems like now it's desperation. Auto companys tried it years ago but droped it because of looks. If they could design it to look like a fastback or at least part of the overall lines of the vehical it would be ok. Lots of cars have it now but it goes with the design flow.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everybody should have realized by now that Elio Motors are driven by the "4 musts" which of course include the 84 mpg goal so they will embrace "only" proven technology to achieve that goal even if it displeases some of us that wants their own take on the design! Bottom line is it's pointless to even entertain "what everybody likes" unless you're part of the design process.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everybody should have realized by now that Elio Motors are driven by the "4 musts" which of course include the 84 mpg goal so they will embrace "only" proven technology to achieve that goal even if it displeases some of us that wants their own take on the design! Bottom line is it's pointless to even entertain "what everybody likes" unless you're part of the design process.
It may be pointless but why worry about a post? We like to voice our opinion but opinions are like you know..everyone has one.

jrm_cr_fl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, looks are one thing and function is another. Do you realize how much more interior room this design change gives, especially if you are the rear passenger? And access to a rear storage area without having the rear passenger displaced, or worse having them become a luggage handler. Thanks you Elio for giving us more for the money.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, looks are one thing and function is another. Do you realize how much more interior room this design change gives, especially if you are the rear passenger? And access to a rear storage area without having the rear passenger displaced, or worse having them become a luggage handler. Thanks you Elio for giving us more for the money.
Thanks for pointing that out. Right now I'm just happy that the project is still a "go"! How much more can one ask for a $6,800. vehicle??? I say just get it done and deliver what's been promised....the rest will be just icing on the cake for me.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I definitely agree with this, jrm. I like the new design. I rarely take passengers but when I do I want them to be comfortable and able to breathe. I also love the hatchback. I had been trying to figure out how I was going to load up the 30 roll pkg of toilet paper bought at Costco and figured it would have to be 6 rolls at a time. They solved that problem with the new design. Thank you Elio! Fortunately I never do all my shopping at Costco in one trip since I live 15 miles away so I will always be able to get all my purchases in my Elio. Z

Top Bottom