• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ftc Argues Against A Tesla Ban In Michigan

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few years back I owned a rock club . If I had the audacity to buy a craft beer directly from the brewer and serve it at my establishment , I would be subject to a $5000 fine from the NYS Liquor Authority .........o_O

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Our elected officials of all political stripes protect themselves and their donor friends rather than looking out for their constituents. It doesn't matter if it is car dealerships or liquor distributors. It has been going on for a long time and the internet has made the exposure of these practices more visible.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, with the days of the internet here and everyone having a camera in their phones, there will be more and more exposure of the "good ol' boys" deals than ever before.
I understand what you are all saying about the need for service from a car company. I have found some dealerships to be great repair shops and some to be big, yawning money pits. I hope Pep Boy shops are OK.
I just bought an old Prius from a BMW dealership. While the service I got was excellent, it was quite obvious that the salespeople working there are making good money. (The guy we dealt with was very gracious to a hairy old hippie buying a cheap old car) The whole place smells like new cars and MONEY! All that is coming from the frosting on top of the cake their customers are buying for them. Have any of you worked at a new car dealership in sales? I have not, but a friend who did told me that the "dealer's invoice" price is NOT the bottom line. Dealers get a "rebate" from the auto manufacturer based on the number of units sold.
On top of that, modern car owners are pretty much at a loss for anywhere else to go for after-warranty work, so the shops at new car dealerships are cash cows.
But, is there really need for laws forcing this issue?

Dave PalmBeach

Reaction score
Tesla is also banned in "free market", "business friendly" Texas. "Don't Mess With Texas" automobile dealer cartels.

Nationwide, automobile dealer associations give 90% to Repugs, knowing Repugs will protect their automobile dealership cartels.
I think big labor has a problem with this model too, either way im not a fan of the middle man distrubution scheme. If apple & bose can do it why cant everyone.

Top Bottom