• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ftc Argues Against A Tesla Ban In Michigan

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla is also banned in "free market", "business friendly" Texas. "Don't Mess With Texas" automobile dealer cartels.

Nationwide, automobile dealer associations give 90% to Repugs, knowing Repugs will protect their automobile dealership cartels.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The electric car company hits a roadblock in Texas

Another bit of bad news for Tesla: Texas will not be allowing the auto manufacturer to sell direct to consumers after legislation failed to pass the state legislature despite support from both parties.

The deadline passed for the bill late last week, AutoBlogreports.

It would have allowed Tesla stores in Texas to actually help customers get into an electric car. Currently, the law doesn’t allow pricing displays or test drives, a rule designed to protect franchise dealers.

Unlike most car manufacturers, Tesla sells its cars directly to consumers rather than through dealerships.

Democratic state Rep. Senfronia Thompson criticized the company by saying that “it would have been wiser if Mr. Tesla had sat down with the car dealers first.” :) :(

But there is no “Mr. Tesla” involved in the company, which is named after the late inventor Nikola Tesla and is founded and run by Elon Musk

http://fortune.com/2015/05/18/tesla-texas/

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio may find a loophole in all these issues as they are considered a motorcycle . Tesla should have just donated a chunk to the Clinton Foundation . Sec of State to the rescue .

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio may find a loophole in all these issues as they are considered a motorcycle . Tesla should have just donated a chunk to the Clinton Foundation . Sec of State to the rescue .
You are seriously linking the Texas NADA lobbies against Tesla's direct sales model to making donations to the Clinton Foundation? You should fact check who contributes to those NADA PACS and who used those old antiquated Texas Laws regulating car dealerships to keep Tesla and the direct to consumer sales model out of Texas. I didn't think there is even a glimmer of blue in Texas. I bet the Texas anti-EV oil lobbies even made some contribution.

Maybe Paul Elio will sit down with the Texas Auto Dealers, but I'm guessing the large and powerful Texas NADA will stretch the umbrella of those laws to cover direct sales all vehicles to include Elio Stores. I hope I'm wrong.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tesla is also banned in "free market", "business friendly" Texas. "Don't Mess With Texas" automobile dealer cartels.

Nationwide, automobile dealer associations give 90% to Repugs, knowing Repugs will protect their automobile dealership cartels.

Just for the record ............
Your constant use of the term "Repugs" is really offensive.
Please refrain from your political proselytizing.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for the record ............
Your constant use of the term "Repugs" is really offensive.
Please refrain from your political proselytizing.
I 100% agree, William. Can't we discuss cars without demonizing someone?
It IS a sad fact that the power of money can keep control of our country out of the hands of the populace. A company should have the right to sell it's products in any way the company sees fit. I just don't understand why we have the "distributor" laws. Small breweries run into the same wall- their products must go through a distributor in many states.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It IS a sad fact that the power of money can keep control of our country out of the hands of the populace. A company should have the right to sell it's products in any way the company sees fit. I just don't understand why we have the "distributor" laws. Small breweries run into the same wall- their products must go through a distributor in many states.

You are 100% spot on . And here in NY , there are only 2 master beer distributors that you are "allowed" to buy from .
What a racket .......

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I really don't care how they sell it.
But if they make it, sell it, and warrant it, they should also have an obligation to insure that there are places where it can be serviced.
Traditional manufactures developed the dealership system. Not sure how good that was after the families who lost everything when GM and Chrysler went down. Someone just said we have to many dealers in this area and you family business was dead.
Elio has a different model via the PEP Boys.
Think about the implication of no service centers when something like the "air bag" problem comes up.

Top Bottom