• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front Grill Opening Modification

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was said by EM, they will be modifying the the front grill area. I don't care for the shape of the one now.
Rounded corners and flat on the bottom.

These are my suggestions. I like the general shape concept. It will have to be modified.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTUy7wQRL90xlgDzHIWqP_Dgh0ZzXja0MvhcgDnQftQmnPmKhskA.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc5WnfP5FzqF7SvuFJW3J2G_Q-WXHgu1FP3dF2DY4R0s1qFXl7.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0uEiN8NhvywrdnLDdLuoGPwgfjDMe7zcZUouwTI1Vd8FP2Phtcw.jpg

Last edited:

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps this could be an option since the investment in molds for the composite panels is supposedly much cheaper than for sheet steel. Great idea. I'd like a less Honda Civic-ish front end and a more Germanic one instead.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps this could be an option since the investment in molds for the composite panels is supposedly much cheaper than for sheet steel. Great idea. I'd like a less Honda Civic-ish front end and a more Germanic one instead.
Don't think it could ever be an option. Maybe if you took it to a body shop.
They all ready plan to change the front grill. Right now, it's to big and lets in to much air.

Aviator

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It was said by EM, they will be modifying the the front grill area. I don't care for the shape of the one now.
Rounded corners and flat on the bottom.

These are my suggestions. I like the general shape concept. It will have to be modified.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTUy7wQRL90xlgDzHIWqP_Dgh0ZzXja0MvhcgDnQftQmnPmKhskA.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc5WnfP5FzqF7SvuFJW3J2G_Q-WXHgu1FP3dF2DY4R0s1qFXl7.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0uEiN8NhvywrdnLDdLuoGPwgfjDMe7zcZUouwTI1Vd8FP2Phtcw.jpg
I would guess that if this car catches on hundreds of aftermarket bolt on options will be available including grills, body kits, and options. After the release of the car I give Ebay 2 weeks until one could be built from scratch with nothing but listed aftermarket parts.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would guess that if this car catches on hundreds of aftermarket bolt on options will be available including grills, body kits, and options. After the release of the car I give Ebay 2 weeks until one could be built from scratch with nothing but listed aftermarket parts.
Sorry. I changed the title to be more specific. I meant the shape of the opening in the nose.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry. I changed the title to be more specific. I meant the shape of the opening in the nose.

Top Bottom