• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Forget The Passenger Seat,,don't Raise The Roof

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's also no need to turn this into the official Facebook page where the cheerleaders rule and there's no room for anyone to pose a serious question.
You are right, I am wrong. This vehicle is a death trap how did I not see this while entering my Visa number? I'll meet you at the Elio gate with pitch fork in hand. Oh, and the sky is falling also!
You're making my point. I never said any such thing and you're sarcastically trying to squash the discussion.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the roof being raised enough to allow a rear passenger to sit comfortably. Luckily, with the roll cage style of upper frame, it should be really simple to do at this point and the body panels haven't been finalized yet. I don't anticipate many times when I'll have a passenger but after watching the video of someone putting golf clubs in the back, I'll welcome a couple of inches more room back there. That is, if Elio can manage to keep the mileage up!

Doni

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like having the second seat. It's a hard (er) sell otherwise. They already have to convince people to change how they think about what a vehicle is "supposed" to look like and then they try to push a one seater? I don't think so. I think it's best that they continue on their current path.

Also I completely hated the look of the P3 and like all of the changes they made for the P4. This is coming from someone who hasn't sat in either and is just based on how it looks in pictures and not on comfort for driver or passenger.

Elynde

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the roof being raised enough to allow a rear passenger to sit comfortably. Luckily, with the roll cage style of upper frame, it should be really simple to do at this point and the body panels haven't been finalized yet. I don't anticipate many times when I'll have a passenger but after watching the video of someone putting golf clubs in the back, I'll welcome a couple of inches more room back there. That is, if Elio can manage to keep the mileage up!
Ditto to this thought. My brothers are very tall and I would love for either of them to be comfortable sitting passenger on road trips. Plus, a few extra inches of trunk space might prove the difference between being able to fit a small ice chest back there for said road trips or not.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have a driver seat with plenty of storage behind, Also I question the saftey of a rear passenger..It would be a bitch for somone to get out after a front or rear collision..I would not be a passenger.Think about it, one door, the front seat must be moved forward to get in or out of the back seat, the rear hatch would not open if you got creamed in the ass, the back windows do not roll down and somwhere under that narrow frame is 8 gallons of fuel.
I strongly suspect that you will be able to remove that back seat if you really set your mind to it. If you are ambidextrous enough for 3 card, you shouldn't have any trouble at all loosening and removing 4 or so bolts and lifting the back seat out.

Ryan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I strongly suspect that you will be able to remove that back seat if you really set your mind to it. If you are ambidextrous enough for 3 card, you shouldn't have any trouble at all loosening and removing 4 or so bolts and lifting the back seat out.
I don't think there will even be that much to it. Looks to me like the rear seat bottom is just going to be a cushion on the floorpan:
Removing the upper seatback would probably require removing a few bolts, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, that was suppose to read as an understood Butt joke. "I like big butts ....." (Song). Not a comment on the car. Just some weekend lighten the mood commentary.
When I think about it, H2O's post about turning [your butt] into a mini-van is kind of funny... rather or not it was intended. :p

Top Bottom