• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Factory Pickup, Retail Store Pickup, Or Delivery

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the moderators definitely have an inside track- no question, , Z on the other hand is a wanna-be, who can't handle the slightest slur against EM, but is not privy to the same info as goofy- She is the "Godmother"
Afraid you haven't been following close enough. Z has done her research and simply tires (as do I) of seeing the same things posted over and over again by people who have not taken the time to see that their question has been answered numerous times already.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Afraid you haven't been following close enough. Z has done her research and simply tires (as do I) of seeing the same things posted over and over again by people who have not taken the time to see that their question has been answered numerous times already.
Yes I can see easily tiring when you've seen it before, and yes she does an outstanding job, but IMO too quick to quash anything not along the "party line"

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the moderators definitely have an inside track- no question, , Z on the other hand is a wanna-be, who can't handle the slightest slur against EM, but is not privy to the same info as goofy- She is the "Godmother"
You are correct in that I don't have the information that goofyone does. However, I have read extensively about the Elio since first being introduced to it by my son in January. I base my statements on my firm belief in the integrity of Paul Elio and Elio Motors. In all this time nothing has been said or done to convince me my impressions are wrong. You can be as cynical as you want but by the same token I can be as supportive as I want. If you don't like my posts you can always ignore them. I won't be the least bit offended. Taking offense at something like that is simply not part of my character. I find like attracts like and I get a lot more out of life being positive than negative. It very simply works for me :-) Z

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zelio loves the Elio and is passionate about it. Most of us also are. She's just more willing to go along for the ride than some. There's room for civilized disagreement here, or even building on one another's comments, not always refuting them or arguing. I for one value her contribution and would greatly miss her if she weren't here. That doesn't mean we have to agree on everything.

I can see her point, about assuming Elio is on top of this issue and having faith that they will work it out. I prefer greater corporate transparency and active use of your dedicated fans as a general strategy. I've bet a substantial amount of money (for me, at any rate) and like to be actively engaged in helping it bear fruit. Ignoring problems, or listening to "there, there, little boy, we wise corporate governors will make it all OK" doesn't sit well -- but I'm not everybody. And to Elio's credit, I haven't heard the "we're working on it" response yet (Heck I just asked the question this evening), and hope I DON'T hear it. But my generally activist and inclusive bent, vs. her more accommodating approach, doesn't invalidate either one of us. So I say yea! Zelio. We're all on the same team, and neither of us is the manager!

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Last edited:

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score

While I support open and respectable debates on almost any topic, my dander tends to get up when I see anyone who's as open and honest as Z is, singled out for unwarranted criticism. My own unsatible desire for Elio to succeed, is seconded only by Z herself. She is in no way a wannabe, she is in fact eagerly awaiting the delivery of her very own autocycle. As are most of us here.

Please refrain from personal attacks. Debate the topic, not the percieved faults you think you see in others.

BTW, if she's the Godmother, we're in a great Family here... IMO.

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I support open and respectable debates on almost any topic, my dander tends to get up when I see anyone who's as open and honest as Z is, singled out for unwarranted criticism. My own unsatible desire for Elio to succeed, is seconded only by Z herself. She is in no way a wannabe, she is in fact eagerly awaiting the delivery of her very own autocycle. As are most of us here.

Please refrain from personal attacks. Debate the topic, not the percieved faults you think you see in others.

BTW, if she's the Godmother, we're in a great Family here... IMO.
Well said good man, well said, I would love to call Z Grandma.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Let's get the bad news out of the way first: That destination charge listed on every new car's window sticker is something you'll have to pay. According to U.S. law, car delivery -- transporting the vehicle from port or assembly plant to dealer showroom -- is always listed as a separate line item on a new-car window sticker. Automakers may use different names to describe it, but it always works the same way, with buyers covering the cost.

Freight, delivery or destination charges ensure that the buyer pays equally to cover the cost of delivering a vehicle to a dealership, regardless of whether the dealership is nearby or far away from the vehicle assembly plant. For example, a Kia Optima buyer in Seattle is not required to pay more for the vehicle than a buyer in Atlanta, who's thousands of miles closer to the West Point, Ga. plant where the Optima is built.

Instead, Kia passes the cost on to buyers with a delivery charge of $800, regardless of where the seller is located. The fee is not included in the MSRP. Instead, it's typically listed as one of the last items on the window sticker, right above the total price."

http://www.autotrader.com/research/...delivery-or-destination-charges-explained.jsp

I can certainly understand what you're saying, but it isn't the same thing. What I'm talking about is picking up the vehicle at the factory...the vehicle never even gets loaded on a truck, it is driven away by the new owner when it rolls off the assembly line...regardless of what the law says, I don't see how consumers can be forced to pay for a service that's never rendered. That in and of itself sounds like a violation of the law...

Top Bottom