• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Vs. Hammerhead Shark

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever notice how much the Elio resembles the hammerhead shark? There's a lot of scientific literature on the hydrodynamic advantages of the hammerhead shark's head wing design. I think Elio is considering some covers for the exposed suspension parts, which made me wonder they could design them based on the hammerhead. One way to do it may be to shape the covers as inverted airfoils to increase downforce, which should improve traction. Thoughts?
image.jpeg
image.png

Here's a dissertation by Julien Barousse comparing the hydrodynamics of a hammerhead with other shark head shapes.

https://fau.digital.flvc.org/island...he_wing-shaped_heads_of_hammerhead_sharks.pdf

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We (some people on the forum) were throwing the suspension fairing idea around awhile back, put had no idea at the time what the final version of the suspension would be. Since I believe the P5 is sporting the production version of the suspension, it might be a good time to revisit this concept. Thanks for the link!

Top Bottom