• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ Sema 2014

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I spoke to the rep from infinite skyz, i told him I wasnt his target audience., since the option is 20% of the value of the car. For people that have money and buy the elio as a toy, they will sell a ton of them. also, they will be playing on fears of parents that buy the elio for their teenager to keep tabs on them. if you go to the website of skyz, you will see this has cameras all over the car which will help dad feel better when his daughter is out on the town. if i was a parent of a teenage daughter, you can bet i will pay the 1500 for the option. you can track where the car is and if some sumbag boyfriend is doing bad things to her.

My daughter is grown up now :( but cameras all over? even on the inside? I'll have to check their website out, work blocks it argh!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That just ain't right Joshua! :pI would expect more from a mod LOL

Argh! my commute is 1 hour minimum each way with no traffic, Fridays have been 1.5 hours lately on the way home. :mad:

That IS a long commute. You need to get you some Angry Birds or Candy Crush to play on that $1500 screen...that time will just fly by! :D :p

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for 9 years and 10 months I drove 72 miles to work each morning and at least that distance back home in the evening ..:eek:.. where was Elio when I needed it ..:confused:.. needless to say, it didn't take long to rack up a bunch of miles on a vehicle

Jim

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I first heard about this I figured you would be all over this. :D

I am generally all over the Tech toys as well however for some reason my cars rarely reflect that.
To tell the truth, I like the idea of buying at low a price as possible, then later upgrading what I feel I can afford. I'll be key to hear how easy it is, or not to add upgrades.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a 7 minute commute, 4 minute commute if I push it, 13 minutes on a heavy traffic day.
There was once apon a time for me, when it was 7minutes from the alarm going off, and me sitting down with my coffee at 'the office', and not a home office either.
Of course that was when I was in the Air Force, and the barracks was like a quarter mile up the street! :eek:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"What does Eastern Catalytic supply to Elio Motors?

Eastern Catalytic will be supplying Elio Motors the integrated exhaust manifold and catalytic converter, exhaust pipes and hangars, muffler, and tail pipe.

Options:
Eastern Catalytic will have several options for performance and stainless steel exhaust systems as well as an entry for the trailer hitch."

do we need anymore than straight pipes considering it's a motorcycle?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
do we need anymore than straight pipes considering it's a motorcycle?

http://www.easterncatalytic.com/products/high-performance/

download.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
November 15 was the date for engine testing Paul Elio stated in some interview recently however I now understand there may unfortunately be a delay with that. Hopefully the delay will not take too long.

We don't know enough yet to say if this is a major issue or just a minor delay. This is a strange time to discover an issue as it is my understanding that the spin test happened several weeks ago then after the spin test the engine was disassembled and inspected before being reassembled in advance of dyno testing and possible SEMA showing. This sequence of events was discussed directly by Paul Elio in recent interviews.

It is possible something was discovered only when the engine was being reassembled however it is also possible there is some external issue affecting the testing. We will just have to wait and see what we find out.

today is Nov 12th and the silence has been deafening .. :confused: ... I don't guess that there is any surprise there .... hopefully someone attending a tour event can ask

Jim

Top Bottom