• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors @ New York Auto Show 2015

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, how did you get your pix to scale this large?

It is up to the forum software however I have found large images, large in terms of web site typical image size, linked directly from others sites work best. So I use Google image search to find images at least 1200x800 and use the image function to embed these image URL's in my posts.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
High performance vehicles are fun but they have their drawbacks.

You lay the motorcycle down. You flat-spot the tires on the car. High performance vehicles are so, so, expensive. I look forward to the day when all I care about is the price of prunes.

(And I am sure I will be just as happy.)

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
High performance vehicles are fun but they have their drawbacks.

You lay the motorcycle down. You flat-spot the tires on the car. High performance vehicles are so, so, expensive. I look forward to the day when all I care about is the price of prunes.

(And I am sure I will be just as happy.)
Just don't laugh to hard if you get my drift cause you might leave a skid mark.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rumors have proven to be true. Elio Motors has listed the New York Auto Show as an upcoming event on their web site.

New York Autoshow - www.autoshowny.com
April 03, 2015 - April 12, 2015
Jacob Javits Center
Level 1 - Booth 1415

View attachment 4987
I love it, they said that the New York Auto Show is the "first" show in the country. They (EM) forgot conveniently to remember the NAIAS show in JANUARY, 2015 in DETROIT, MICHIGAN!! The New York show copied our show. I heard rumors that to display the Elio at the Detroit show was "too costly". Please. We had over 900,000 attendees at that show in January. So New York might have 100,000 or so more. They have more people living there- no brainer. But to absolutely SNUB Detroit, where it all began, is a HUGE mistake. HUGE.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love it, they said that the New York Auto Show is the "first" show in the country. They (EM) forgot conveniently to remember the NAIAS show in JANUARY, 2015 in DETROIT, MICHIGAN!! The New York show copied our show. I heard rumors that to display the Elio at the Detroit show was "too costly". Please. We had over 900,000 attendees at that show in January. So New York might have 100,000 or so more. They have more people living there- no brainer. But to absolutely SNUB Detroit, where it all began, is a HUGE mistake. HUGE.

The city of Detroit, Michigan filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy on July 18, 2013. It is the largest municipal bankruptcy filing in U.S. history by debt, estimated at $18–20 billion.
Why would a company looking for financing go someplace with that track record as compared to the financial capital of the world?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think this had to do with a lot more than just foot traffic at the show. Elio is still trying to find funding. The Wall Street types at the New York show are much more likely to bring in investors than the Detroit show where the city is in bankruptcy.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The city of Detroit, Michigan filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy on July 18, 2013. It is the largest municipal bankruptcy filing in U.S. history by debt, estimated at $18–20 billion.
Why would a company looking for financing go someplace with that track record as compared to the financial capital of the world?
The City Filed Chapter 9 not Detroit's venture capitalists. Sounds like Detroit had a really big auto show attracting 900,000 people. It's not about the City's financial woes. EM should have attended both.

Top Bottom