• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio In Indianapolis From June 3-5

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does an open differential count as driving both wheels? When one wheel loses traction the other one does a whole lot of nothing. I highly doubt it will be a limited slip differential. I guess technically it counts?

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember the Elio will have Electronic Traction Control. Whenever the wheel speed sensors detect a wheel is spinning faster than the other the ETC computer directs brake pressure to the spinning wheel until the drive torque is equalized. Since it does this a number of times per second the effect is much like Limited Slip. Basically works the same as ABS does with the brakes.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
True, unless both wheels are spinning then most traction control systems just shut both wheels down. For our Venza, Toyota recommends turning traction control off if you get stuck in snow, LOL. Fortunately we will likely never have that situation in our area :) We did opt for the AWD though, just in case.

I wonder if the Elio Turbo will have an LSD option? It might not make enough power to warrant one, but I really hope it does!

Top Bottom