• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Distribution And Direct Sales

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A new car trend, like EM, is moving away from dealerships towards selling cars online.
This can only make things easier for EM in the future.
This company just went public. They sell new and used cars online with a no haggle, comparison format, saving shoppers billions of dollars and loads of grief dealing with sales people.
Personally, I think the dealerships are paper cutting there own throats and that's a good thing. JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueCar

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A new car trend, like EM, is moving away from dealerships towards selling cars online.
This can only make things easier for EM in the future.
This company just went public. They sell new and used cars online with a no haggle, comparison format, saving shoppers billions of dollars and loads of grief dealing with sales people.
Personally, I think the dealerships are paper cutting there own throats and that's a good thing. JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueCar
Is the car buying service offered by Costco and, I think, by AAA similar to this? I have never used it but am curious. :-) Z

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey craig...let's pretend you bought your elio scorpion* on line ok!
How was that test drive, did it go fast enough to get on the highway?
How did it handle on that off ramp at 45mph
Did the front wheels and the fact you are in the middle bother you.
Was the auto smooth shifting or the did the 5 speed have a rubbery feel to it, kinda sloppy?
If you financed it, you filled out an on-line credit app right?
Did the finance papers get e-mailed to you or will they be sent to you by mail (3-4 days)
Did they get your order right, including the options, the destination charges and the prep. charges?
Did they take off the $500 from the price of your elio like they said they would do and apply your $1000 down payment from the price after the destination charges...and fees.
for example..your elio with auto and cruise has a MRP of $9300-$500 = $8800 plus your local states tax, license and document fees. (5%) Total $9300 - your $1000... you pay or finance $8300. (credit cards accepted)
Did the truck bringing the elio to your house arrive on time, was the elio washed, checked out and gassed?
Did you notice the 60 dealers/stores Elio Motors are building for customers...why would they do that?
One good thing, there was was no negotiation at all, and that made the entire process painless right?
I know I missed a few thing, you might also, so do you have a real person to ask those questions to or just that computer menu or phone menu that we all hate?
Me, I will go to the elio store and take the test drives, sit with a real person and look at all the options displayed in the showroom and pick my options, l have the salesperson do a work sheet so I know exactly what I am getting including the color. I want to talk to the finance person and find out payment options for my budget..and
if I have a trade in they can do it right there at the showroom.
it will a easy and relaxed time buying my new elio scorpion in primer..with auto and cruise because of the no haggle, friendly, and relaxed elio way.
have a good week-end at the party my friend..

* I call it a scorpion because it looks like one and will sting those bad old gas pumps...!
!

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey craig...let's pretend you bought your elio scorpion* on line ok!
How was that test drive, did it go fast enough to get on the highway?
How did it handle on that off ramp at 45mph
Did the front wheels and the fact you are in the middle bother you.
Was the auto smooth shifting or the did the 5 speed have a rubbery feel to it, kinda sloppy?
If you financed it, you filled out an on-line credit app right?
Did the finance papers get e-mailed to you or will they be sent to you by mail (3-4 days)
Did they get your order right, including the options, the destination charges and the prep. charges?
Did they take off the $500 from the price of your elio like they said they would do and apply your $1000 down payment from the price after the destination charges...and fees.
for example..your elio with auto and cruise has a MRP of $9300-$500 = $8800 plus your local states tax, license and document fees. (5%) Total $9300 - your $1000... you pay or finance $8300. (credit cards accepted)
Did the truck bringing the elio to your house arrive on time, was the elio washed, checked out and gassed?
Did you notice the 60 dealers/stores Elio Motors are building for customers...why would they do that?
One good thing, there was was no negotiation at all, and that made the entire process painless right?
I know I missed a few thing, you might also, so do you have a real person to ask those questions to or just that computer menu or phone menu that we all hate?
Me, I will go to the elio store and take the test drives, sit with a real person and look at all the options displayed in the showroom and pick my options, l have the salesperson do a work sheet so I know exactly what I am getting including the color. I want to talk to the finance person and find out payment options for my budget..and
if I have a trade in they can do it right there at the showroom.
it will a easy and relaxed time buying my new elio scorpion in primer..with auto and cruise because of the no haggle, friendly, and relaxed elio way.
have a good week-end at the party my friend..

* I call it a scorpion because it looks like one and will sting those bad old gas pumps...!
!
I know what I want before I go to the dealer. Never took a test drive and never had a problem with any of them. All 5 GM.:) 600,000 shoppers can't be all wrong.
Don't make me turn Z loose.:rolleyes:

upload_2014-5-16_13-34-54.jpeg
:)

http://www.wisebread.com/17-things-car-salesmen-dont-want-you-to-know
http://www.rd.com/slideshows/13-plus-things-your-car-dealer-wont-tell-you/

P.S. Can you honestly tell me all that stuff you printed was worth paying an extra $4,000.00? If so, can my son come over and mow your grass?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the car buying service offered by Costco and, I think, by AAA similar to this? I have never used it but am curious. :) Z
I've used Costco on my last new car purchase. It was (I think) $250 over dealer cost minus all rebates. No haggle; they showed me the invoice (I checked it with Consumer Reports to keep them honest). They tried (half-heartedly) to sell me lots of things I didn't need. I said no. Wrote the down payment check and out the door. Picked it up 2 or 3 days later. Done deal.

Chris F

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've used Costco on my last new car purchase. It was (I think) $250 over dealer cost minus all rebates. No haggle; they showed me the invoice (I checked it with Consumer Reports to keep them honest). They tried (half-heartedly) to sell me lots of things I didn't need. I said no. Wrote the down payment check and out the door. Picked it up 2 or 3 days later. Done deal.

Chris F
Thank you for that information. I honestly suspect these businesses have become successful simply because they do bypass the haggle and pressure of buying from traditional dealers. To me that is excellent and one more reason to support Elio's sales plans. :-) Z

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for that information. I honestly suspect these businesses have become successful simply because they do bypass the haggle and pressure of buying from traditional dealers. To me that is excellent and one more reason to support Elio's sales plans. :) Z
The way Costco works is that you go through a local dealer, but no haggle.

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally don't even know why they need storefronts. Let us just order them online at an Elio Motors website, or maybe even on Amazon with Amazon Prime. Ship the cars to our door or we can pick them up at Pep Boys! Since the price is set in stone and no-haggle, I don't need to talk to anybody in person. Seriously, who buys things in person anymore :p

Top Bottom