• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not understand why they're limiting this solicitation to max $30 million. There's no legal need to do so; there must be some other fly in the ointment (or spritzer of perfume, perhaps) of which we're unaware. It's as if they've said "we need X dollars to complete the E series, so that's all we're going to ask for, and oh, yes, we know we need another $240 million, but hey we're not gonna ask you folks for even 10% of it, even though we could. We just believe in the tooth fairy!"

Something else is playing out in the background -- either it's a lock on the ATVM, once they prove the ability with the e-cars, or a whale of an investor somewhere else. But what investor won't want control? So my bet is on the ATVM, in about 4 months time -- and not a minute too soon to make 12/16 mfg promise.

PS -- I figure it will take at LEAST 4 months to get the e-series built and mileage tested -- even if they already have half the space frames built or partly built (which they may).

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I do not understand why they're limiting this solicitation to max $30 million. There's no legal need to do so; there must be some other fly in the ointment (or spritzer of perfume, perhaps) of which we're unaware. It's as if they've said "we need X dollars to complete the E series, so that's all we're going to ask for, and oh, yes, we know we need another $240 million, but hey we're not gonna ask you folks for even 10% of it, even though we could. We just believe in the tooth fairy!"

Something else is playing out in the background -- either it's a lock on the ATVM, once they prove the ability with the e-cars, or a whale of an investor somewhere else. But what investor won't want control? So my bet is on the ATVM, in about 4 months time -- and not a minute too soon to make 12/16 mfg promise.

agree .... specially, with the "some other fly in the ointment (or spritzer of perfume, perhaps) of which we're unaware." .... that's the only thing that makes sense to me

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a bit more about the ATVM loan in the latest offering circular. Optimism about that in combination with not wanting to dilute interest too much may be what drove that decision. Additionally, I think they want to set a limit that's likely to be met. If they end up asking for $50million and only end up with $35, that could be viewed as a failure.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a big jump. You may be right LilllyMay, 200% could be in-scope now. Just when you think it's over, it's not. Definitely there will be a new Friday or Monday chart. I can't help think part of this is to show support, part to get a foot in the door and part to be added to a list for later investment opportunity. Some may just want to get any directly related news and emails.
181%Reserved $45,344,627 in non-binding indications of interest received so far 11,583

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I figure it will take at LEAST 4 months to get the e-series built and mileage tested -- even if they already have half the space frames built or partly built (which they may).

Here's the info from the SEC Resubmission thread and what EM provided in it:

• E1 Engineering drawing release – Month 2
• E1 Builds begin – Month 3
• E1 Testing – Month 4

So by their own plans, the publicized E-series builds begin in a certain month and testing begins the following month. I agree, they may have started on certain pieces already.

Top Bottom