• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Buyer Financing Options Discussion

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm on this board but the elio does have a bit more risk than other vehicles. By its design it will also have some very limited use issues with regard to passengers, storage, hauling capacity, etc.

I cringe when I see enthusiasts struggling with trying to buy an elio or even struggling to put in an all in reservation. If using credit is a matter of cash flow than it makes sense to pursue the various financing options even though it will ultimately result in the cost being much greater.

To me, the only justifiable way to buy the first elios is with cash that if you happen to lose it doesn't mean you will end up on the street.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm on this board but the elio does have a bit more risk than other vehicles. By its design it will also have some very limited use issues with regard to passengers, storage, hauling capacity, etc.

I cringe when I see enthusiasts struggling with trying to buy an elio or even struggling to put in an all in reservation. If using credit is a matter of cash flow than it makes sense to pursue the various financing options even though it will ultimately result in the cost being much greater.

To me, the only justifiable way to buy the first elios is with cash that if you happen to lose it doesn't mean you will end up on the street.
They have my $1000.00 all in X's two..Also my interior design team is working on my big card board box located at my estate under a beautiful freeway bridge..

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have my $1000.00 all in X's two..Also my interior design team is working on my big card board box located at my estate under a beautiful freeway bridge..

I....am.....57 years.....old......I.....am......divorced.....and
I.......live.......in.....a......van.....down.....by.....the......river.
This......car......will......be.....a.....great......chick.....magnet.JMO

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The balance of the car loan on the credit card? Yikes! Not only is that an expensive way to post for a car, but it would create a major ding on your credit to open a new card and immediately have almost 100% utilization.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The balance of the car loan on the credit card? Yikes! Not only is that an expensive way to post for a car, but it would create a major ding on your credit to open a new card and immediately have almost 100% utilization.
It's only expensive if you carry a balance They claim the card fee will be low. The almost 100% shouldn't hurt it would be a secured card you wouldn't have the title until you've paid it off.

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's only expensive if you carry a balance They claim the card fee will be low. The almost 100% shouldn't hurt it would be a secured card you wouldn't have the title until you've paid it off.
The cost of the car is the card's balance. Secured doesn't matter when it comes to credit utilization. It's simple balance divided by limit.

Top Bottom