• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio And Gas Prices

At what price would you not but an Elio?

• $2.75

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2.25

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
In 98 it was below a dollar. Two local gas stations were having a price war and I was paying $.59 per gallon for a while.

I remember these days, I was a poor college student and loved the $.69 gas in my area as the guys and I could pile into a car and drive six hours to the beach and still have plenty of money to spend on a ton of PBR. :cool:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Taken today on my lunch break.
DSCN4256.JPG

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You don't buy gas from that communist company do you?o_O
Not sure about the communist aspect, (I believe they are a 'for profit' company) but I was just driving by and snapped the picture.
That being said when the gas light comes on I buy from who is closest.. BP, Exxon, US gas, Satan, they are all the same..

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully that's the only Oil company with ties to a country that has any animosity with us.
Good thing I and my countrymen only buy products from places with only good intentions toward the United States.
Touche!

[EDIT]
I will admit, I'm kind of a silent; fair-weather protester. I read about something I don't like and I get in my head I'm gonna boycott them. "That'll show 'em!" But it's usually short lived and I go back to not caring anymore.
I boycotted McDonalds for a while due to their endorsing and giving money to LGBT causes. Lasted about 6 months, but with two kids, it's tough to boycott that staple of Americana.
I gotta pick my battles I guess.

Last edited:

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's one thing I learned raising 2 young 'uns. Early on, it's pretty easy, we do what we do because that's what we choose to do. Then, comes the start of conflict, the "Why?" questions and so it goes until they become teens. Then you really have to pick the battles! They want to color their hair blue? If it doesn't break any school rules or city/county/Fed/moral laws, well, you might just need to start liking blue hair (until they get tired of it and they will, my son did it for about a quarter of the school year). Stand firm on those things that really make a difference, giving freedom when you can. Sorta the same with companies. I agree, I try to avoid the petro company working with Venezuela when I can (batting 100 so far) and a few other companies I feel I have a legit beef with. It's just how far you are able to do it and for how long you are willing to do it. It's part of life

Now as far as Elio and the gas prices goes, I think for those of us that see the Ecar as a way to cut the use of petro products, the prices are immaterial. For those people who want to save big bucks, right now, all of a sudden their giant SUV looks like a good way to get around yet and those silly little cars of any stripe are just that, silly little cars. Gas prices are going to have to go up to make inroads.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Asphalt highways are so much better than concrete highways. I don't know if concrete is used because of a strong concrete lobby or if there are financial/longevity issues.
I remember when there were bits, and pieces of interstate hi ways all over this country. Then they began making final connections, bypassing millions of small business', and putting people out of work, and some small towns just ceased to exist. Some states installed tolls, and the Interstate Commerce Commission was busy enforcing regulations, all of which helped, but were a pain in the behind, but kept the monster at bay. Then Big Money came along and had the regulations voted down, and under deregulation, opened the heartland up to big boxes, paving the way for the tax man to start taxing folks who preferred the secondary roads, and making it very inexpensive to transport frt. big box, to big box. Now the economies that sustain that heartland, are sending their money, their children, their character to the home of the big box. Thank's to the Elio, we can afford to return to the heartland.

Top Bottom