• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Accessories ?

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
smart cars have tow hook holes - two in the in rear bumper, one in front bumper. When not in use the bolt insert hole is covered with a small plastic cap. The tow hook holes can be used to screw in a tow hook, or securely bolt on attachments like a bike rack. The link below shows a bike rack bolted to a smart, which can easily, quickly be removed.

Ports such as these would be great additions if built directly in the right side of the body (frame). Holes which could easily, quickly be uncapped and used for occasionally accessories such a bike rack, spare tire, etc.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...8DBD8EDCAC0D291489C381C7FE41B&selectedIndex=0

tjj300

Reaction score
I had some email discussion with Elio around a year ago about a narrow enclosed cargo trailer for the Elio. This would add as much cargo space as a large sedan. For that to happen, the Elio would need to have hitch attachment points on the frame, and a removable panel in the bodywork to access the installed hitch.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again , folks, it is not a tow truck! A motor cycle style small light weight utility trailer would probably be all it can handle without strain. After market can solve that request! RB

RGordon

Reaction score
Anyone heard of the accessories that will be available? Sunroof/Roof Window? Accessory iPhone/Android plug in for radio? GPS? or tablet holder for GPS? Seat heater/cooler (s)? Different wheels? Roof Rack? Rear Video (looks like it's going to be hard to see out the back with no window), Multiple USB outlets, Lighter Outlets to power accessories, Bluetooth Any other ideas?

Last edited:

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Anyone heard of the accessories that will be available? Sunroof/Roof Window? Accessory iPhone/Android plug in for radio? GPS? or tablet holder for GPS? Seat heater/cooler (s)? Different wheels? Roof Rack? Rear Video (looks like it's going to be hard to see out the back with no window) Any other ideas?
Wow,,, hehehehehehee I am not sure they know they have a go with the four musts,,,, say nothing about a list of accessories like that... But,, at base of 6800 there should be room to tack on some accessories... And a person (collector especially) would be crazy not to get the full package. heheheee
JS

Garrett Milton

Reaction score
Number 1, I am on the counter down to the Elio in the OC.
Number 2, I recently bought Elio accessories . com and. Net and although I love the vehicle, I have no plans of selling the accessories. However, if anyone on here plans to make after market mods and would like to talk about buying the domain name, my email is wgmilton@gmail.com

Would prefer it to go to someone who would actually put it to use, as I will want to make modifications my self.

Thanks,

Garrett milton

Top Bottom