• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elgin Dash Got Nixed

john sharitt

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Looks like a standard dash display will be the choice.

There are many components that make up a vehicle which do not receive much attention. We spend quite a bit time thinking about a vehicle’s engine, but significantly less on components like a door handle, hood latch, and many others. Take your vehicle’s dashboard, for instance. While you may not think of it often, it provides a crucial function to the driving experience. A dash is much more than a cosmetic component and conveys important information to the driver. At Elio Motors, our dash has been a major topic of conversation among our supporters.

Up to this point, the design of the Elio Motors dash has resembled a Lord Elgin watch. The idea for the Elgin dash comes from a Lord Elgin watch Paul Elio received from his late father. The Elgin dash was one way Paul wanted to honor his father’s memory.

While we still believe the originality of the Elgin dash mirrors that of our vehicle, as a team we have decided to incorporate a traditional dash in the Elio. Today, we will take a look at the reasons for our decision.

go.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hubfs_Elio_20IP_201.jpg_bbbc0c5904fa72020c5ab8b97038a523.jpg

Reservation Holder Feedback

At Elio Motors, we have an extensive network of vociferous supporters. Our supporters have always been very vocal in their opinions and ready to provide feedback on different aspects of our vehicle. After the idea of the Elgin dash was introduced, we realized that there was a strong preference for a traditional dash. The feedback from supporters and reservation holders was a major reason we will offer a standard dash in the base vehicle.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe it's just a "Viper style" steering wheel. Perhaps it's made by the same company using the same shape bones.
I believe you are correct Ty. At the Greenwood show last year I was told we could get paddle shifters since the Viper wheel comes with them. Now we know that paddles will NOT be an option seeing we now get a Viper ”style" wheel .

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio has a Viper steering wheel? Do you guys have a pic of it?
Really not sure
I believe it's just a "Viper style" steering wheel. Perhaps it's made by the same company using the same shape bones.
Agreed, I surfed many flat bottom steering wheels, all have 3 spokes from the column to the rim. If someone has seen a two spoke flat bottom steering wheel, anywhere besides Elio, let us know.
I love the new flat bottom Elio wheel, usually only see these on high end cars, brilliant!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My mother in law just bought a new VW Jetta for $14,500 (she bought the base with a manual). It has a flat bottom steering wheel on it and a whole slew of buttons on each side. It has a bottom spoke though. That thing has everything on the wheel. Radio controls, cruise control and even phone controls. I'm amazed for that, what the car has for the price. It even has a backup camera and bluetooth.

Top Bottom