• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Does The Government Really Care How Much Gas We Burn?

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
K, let's agree the system is flawed. It's what we got though. How about we drop the current system and adopt one that says you pay say 7 per cent of your total income for taxes and get no return at all. That would pay off the national debt pretty quick! No more tax Return garbage. No more squeaking outta paying less or getting more then ya pay!
Sorry gotta let it go now. .

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does your niece take that 7K directly to her broker and invest it ...or does she take it to WalMart and the grocery store to buy clothes and food - pumping it right back into the economy? I suppose you would rather someone who 'earned it' but doesn't need it (and will NEVER miss it) get it back so they can sock it in money mutual funds?
It is not the government's job to make things "fair". It is not their job to redistribute wealth.

Reactions: Sam

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We will just have to agree to disagree on this. Imagine if you totaled your car and the insurance company said, "well, you only made three $75 payments on that policy, so we're only going to cut you a check for $225."

And as far as people paying 60% of their income in taxes.... I don't think that happens very often. There are plenty of ways for people to legally get around paying the base tax rate. Many millionaires pay only 0-25% in income tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not talking just income taxes the government taxes us in many ways.

aahz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
K. Back on subject. I don't thinner the government cares how much gas we use. That is Our job, to care what we use and how we use it!

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ATbr9jqac.jpg

Go back and read JEBar's post from a few minutes ago ! Please, I don't want to be the cause of anyone having problems !!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The whole premise in the title of this thread is a problem. HELLO? MODS? If you want civility, why did you allow this thread to begin with?

granted, some haven't shown that they are capable of doing so but it wasn't deleted in the hope that our members may be mature enough to handle such a topic without dipping into politics .... time will tell

Top Bottom