• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Do I Wrap This Baby Of Plastisdip It?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always wanted a vehicle that would start out deep maroon on the bottom then as it goes upward it would fade to red when it reaches the top. Could that come in a wrap?
I don't think a fade has been done yet. Of course if one can gradate between colors on any other paint then it should be just as easy with Plastidip.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT IS TRUE .
THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT A YELLOW AUTOCYCLE .

DSC_0281.JPG

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have always wanted a vehicle that would start out deep maroon on the bottom then as it goes upward it would fade to red when it reaches the top. Could that come in a wrap?
Indiana Dave, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Love your color choice.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A friend posted photos on another forum last summer of his new refrigerator-white Tundra, asking if there was a way to change the color of his chrome grill and bumpers. He felt (and most of us agreed) with all that jewelry it was trying to look like a more expensive vehicle than it already was. It wasn't a good look to him, but he'd gotten a tremendous deal on the truck - one he couldn't pass up. So he improvised.

After some discussion with our more dedicated modification and detailing experts, he decided to live with the white and bought a few cans of Plasti-Dip and after careful cleaning and masking, he sprayed the bumpers and grill in a matching shade - then he carefully applied a top coat of clear Plasti-Dip to match the glossy finish of the rest of the truck. The result was stunning! It looked like a factory job and was a perfect match to the (Frigidaire) white applied to the rest of the vehicle. At last report a month or two ago, it was still holding up well - although he doesn't offroad or otherwise abuse the vehicle. As he reported about the end of last year, he isn't worried about nicks in that coat, if they happen he can always peel it off and spray it again.

If I ever have my old beatervan repainted, I'm seriously spraying the vinyl front and rear bumper covers with Plasti-Dip. It's sure cheaper than paint, and it stands up to far more abuse than the standard-issue vinyl paint with a plasticizer.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A friend posted photos on another forum last summer of his new refrigerator-white Tundra, asking if there was a way to change the color of his chrome grill and bumpers. He felt (and most of us agreed) with all that jewelry it was trying to look like a more expensive vehicle than it already was. It wasn't a good look to him, but he'd gotten a tremendous deal on the truck - one he couldn't pass up. So he improvised.

After some discussion with our more dedicated modification and detailing experts, he decided to live with the white and bought a few cans of Plasti-Dip and after careful cleaning and masking, he sprayed the bumpers and grill in a matching shade - then he carefully applied a top coat of clear Plasti-Dip to match the glossy finish of the rest of the truck. The result was stunning! It looked like a factory job and was a perfect match to the (Frigidaire) white applied to the rest of the vehicle. At last report a month or two ago, it was still holding up well - although he doesn't offroad or otherwise abuse the vehicle. As he reported about the end of last year, he isn't worried about nicks in that coat, if they happen he can always peel it off and spray it again.

If I ever have my old beatervan repainted, I'm seriously spraying the vinyl front and rear bumper covers with Plasti-Dip. It's sure cheaper than paint, and it stands up to far more abuse than the standard-issue vinyl paint with a plasticizer.
Why not take it down to your local Line-X shop and let them put the coating on it?
They can mix it any color you want and it holds up to anything
A lot of people have done entire vehicles with it, or with the spay on stuff you can do yourself
http://www.linex.com/gallery/list-image.php?=&album=33

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been interest in this plastic paint for some time and wonder if anyone has used it? At $22 a can from Alibaba, how do you find it cheaper that 400ml of any other paint? 400ml on ebay is from $4 to $10. Why do we bastardize the language so badly? It is paint, period. You are not dipping anything. You are painting with a spray can. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spray_painting :confused:

Top Bottom