• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Devon Thorpe Interview With Paul Elio

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of technical difficulties at the end, kind of awkward. Interview over now
Well, a couple of lukewarm answers to burning questions. From the sound of it, realistically, nothing that does much to lift the promotional aspect of either the A+ or the Year1 reservations.

If I read this correctly, On the whole it's a tiny bit negative since 200m left to go is a maybe 30mil more than what was inferred from the past. That is to say, if the prior funded was 70mil including the 506c, then we should have had only 170mil left. But we seem to have 200m at the moment, so A+ is 30mil means 140m left.

I guess what I don't know right now is, whether the 70m up to now includes the 506c fully or not. And I don't know how much the 506c was, just that it covered the P5 cost.

OK muddled and lukewarm. At least I don't have to eat my hat! Nor get one from Mexico !

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I will do my best to put instructions here on how you can watch the interview. I thought it went pretty well, and then as was mentioned, there were technical difficulties toward the end, so it was shorter than hoped.

1. Go to http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/ ... Join Google+ if you don't have a google id, or sign in if you do.
  2. In the search box at the top of the screen, type "Devin Thorpe", and click on the first one in the list.
  3. You should see the glimpse of the Elio car, click on that window and it should start the interview, after you watch / click past an ad.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not good at note taking, so take the rest of my notes with a grain of salt, the Q and A's are all my summarizations, so some accuracy could be lost:

Gary Dunn's (fb regular) question next, when will Start Engine ask for the money that we initially pledged: as soon as they can, which means maybe 45-60 days from date of application, that is a guess though. Elio should be applying in a week or so.

Ekh's question next, how does the 27 mill fit into the whole picture? Paul gave some numbers about what has been raised so far, I didn't write those down. The end result: $200 million more to go, $186 million is possible from the AVTM loan, there are other unlikely $ streams and because they are unlikely Paul did not want to reveal. Paul mentions he has 3 possible paths, so I assume the third was the money from equipment at the plant.

Interviewer is Tesla fan so asked about electric: Paul said, as we would expect, in the future that is an obvious option.

Now going on and on about what Reg A is.
Beg to differ about Paul's answer. He said there were three independent routes to the financing in the event that ATVM does not come through, but they are more difficult and would take longer. he did NOT say they were unlikely.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, a couple of lukewarm answers to burning questions. From the sound of it, realistically, nothing that does much to lift the promotional aspect of either the A+ or the Year1 reservations.

If I read this correctly, On the whole it's a tiny bit negative since 200m left to go is a maybe 30mil more than what was inferred from the past. That is to say, if the prior funded was 70mil including the 506c, then we should have had only 170mil left. But we seem to have 200m at the moment, so A+ is 30mil means 140m left.

I guess what I don't know right now is, whether the 70m up to now includes the 506c fully or not. And I don't know how much the 506c was, just that it covered the P5 cost.

OK muddled and lukewarm. At least I don't have to eat my hat! Nor get one from Mexico !
I may need to re-listen to the podcast, but as I heard it, counting the Reg A+ they need $200 million more, of which the ATVM could be $186 million and pretty well lock the thing down. He said nothing about ATVM timing, but he did say that the guaranteed income from the all-inners adds to $290 million and is definite proof of the company's viability IF LAUNCHED. (my emphasis, not Paul's).

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Beg to differ about Paul's answer. He said there were three independent routes to the financing in the event that ATVM does not come through, but they are more difficult and would take longer. he did NOT say they were unlikely.

This is a definite problem that crops up in the dialog between the 'Pro Lobby' and the 'Con Lobby', each hears it their own way, with their own 'expectation ears' and interpretation. The exact statement is always better. Thanks Ekh!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I may need to re-listen to the podcast, but as I heard it, counting the Reg A+ they need $200 million more, of which the ATVM could be $186 million and pretty well lock the thing down. He said nothing about ATVM timing, but he did say that the guaranteed income from the all-inners adds to $290 million and is definite proof of the company's viability IF LAUNCHED. (my emphasis, not Paul's).
And you can see how that reads in the two groups Pro and Con. Via the Con group, IF LAUNCHED means 'in the 50% chance -or less- that we do', and in the Pro group it means 'in the 10% chance -or less- that we don't'. Most of use are between those two extremes.
In Vulcan Martial Arts Logic it doesn't specify any percentage other than assuming by it's usage 'maybe' not 100% and 'maybe' not 0%.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a definite problem that crops up in the dialog between the 'Pro Lobby' and the 'Con Lobby', each hears it their own way, with their own 'expectation ears' and interpretation. The exact statement is always better. Thanks Ekh!
It's easy to let our passions rule us over this car and/or project. But I do get tired of misquotations, inaccuracies, and failure to look at the dates things were said. So thanks.

Top Bottom