• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Desperate Measures...

I hate the idea of second guessing the guys in charge of elio motors. I might be able to teach them how the milk a goat but that is about it. They've been around the block in the auto industry, I haven't. They did not get to where they are by being crooked or seamy. I met most of them and they want this venture to work as much as we do. They got more money invested into it than I can dream about. They are talking the talk and walking the walk. And I hate the notion of calling in any more government do-gooders. Most of them are in the American Auto Association pockets anyways. More cooks in the kitchen does not make a better soup, just a bigger mess.

Samalross

Elio Addict
No, because the books say they take that much, they really don't.
A lot of it is owed, but they aren't taking it, it's a numbers thing.
There is no need to contact politicians.
I never heard anything about them not taking the money. Do you have a source?

Samalross

Elio Addict
I would have to go and dig for the stories they've put out about the money they take, but I don't have the time, or the drive to do so.
There are others that do, I'll see if I can find out some printed matter for you.
Thank you They will have to put in in the SEC report if they plan on getting reimbursed at a future time.

Ty

Elio Addict
Nope. You're forgetting that in addition to already spending all the all-in deposits from that batch of 65,000 units...
They've actually gone into the hole on many of them by giving up to a $750 discount plus locking them in @ $7k before discounts..
If you average it all out, about the only "profit" they might make on the first 65,000 units is on options, add-ons and upgrades.
Quite a few of the "All-In" deposits are being held in an account Elio has no access to.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
There was a lawsuit last year about EM's credit card processor withholding something like $2M $766k of all-in funds due to some dispute. I believe it was Paypal, but I don't have a link. It is in one of the SEC reports, if you read carefully. I believe that was settled already, and EM was given the funds.

Edit: Found the SEC filing that listed the actual amount:
"Through December 31, 2016, we have $27.3 million in reservations, an average of $568 thousand per month. Of this amount, $766 thousand was held at December 31, 2016 by credit card processing companies as a percentage of non-refundable reservations."

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
There was a lawsuit last year about EM's credit card processor withholding something like $2M $766k of all-in funds due to some dispute. I believe it was Paypal, but I don't have a link. It is in one of the SEC reports, if you read carefully. I believe that was settled already, and EM was given the funds.

Edit: Found the SEC filing that listed the actual amount:
"Through December 31, 2016, we have $27.3 million in reservations, an average of $568 thousand per month. Of this amount, $766 thousand was held at December 31, 2016 by credit card processing companies as a percentage of non-refundable reservations."
I think that Stu Lichter guaranteed the deposits if my memory is correct