• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Deltawing Technologies

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...coming to Georgia?

http://gas2.org/2014/12/06/deltawing-wants-build-electric-three-wheeler-georgia/

deltawing-trike.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just off the top....It looks nice but...
Like many raw conceptuals, there isn't space allocated for the driver's feet. The whole style would need adjustment for that. The rear passenger could be wrapping their feet/knees around the driver seat, so that is possible for the image.
Delta's are no where near as safe as a FWD tadpole. Unless this is a tilter, in which case, it does not need to be so low to the ground. And it is extremely low by the layout. So I'll guess not a tilter. At this height it's not for mass production, only a low percentage will accept crawling down into something that low. (I AM one of them however.)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't help but note this sentence in the link given in post 1 : "Elio Motors has received thousands of reservations for its own three-wheeler, and perhaps that has influenced DeltaWing’s decision to go that route." .... I fear that the way EM has built such a large following that is willing to put money down to buy a product that doesn't exist will be closely scrutinized .... unfortunately, all of the folks who choose to follow EM's model won't be honest .... that in no way will be EM's fault but it in this day and time is a reality

Jim

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the back door would be difficult to get into and out of since it seems so small, at least by where the door handle is. Perhaps if it opens 'suicide door' way after the front door opens, it could provide better access to the back seat? Perhaps it would make sense if it did not have a back seat?

It is a neat design but I too am not interested in a car sharing program. One does not know how well the next person will treat it.

Top Bottom