• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dash Camera

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a follow up to my Mobius Camera post, I have since discovered that it was not a firmware issue, but the cheap crappy 12v/5v convertor I bought off eBay. When plugged into another 5v source, the camera works perfectly.

But I also just saw this: https://www.buydashcampro.com

And that looks pretty nice and reasonably priced.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been mentioned but I bought a dash cam from walmart for 40 bucks and $2 more for 2 year waranty. Nice and clear and easy to return to WM. Find them in the automotive dept if they still have them.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

update :

the G1W Dashboard Dash Cam used in our Sportchassis has been in service since mid October .... during that time we've traveled from central NC to eastern Kentucky and a second trip to west of San Antonio, TX .... most of our experience with it has been positive .... the windshield suction cup mount hasn't been moved and is still solid after time in subfreezing temps and 100 degree plus inside the cab .... the camera records without drama .... only negative, the OEM power cord went dead a few weeks ago .... no outward sign of what's wrong with it .... we replaced it with a phone charger cord we had on hand and it works well

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity to those on here with dash cams; what's the point?
Have you ever needed it or used it for anything besides showing the wife the deer that you almost hit?
I have one, and it's running all the time. Never have I needed it for anything.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity to those on here with dash cams; what's the point?
Have you ever needed it or used it for anything besides showing the wife the deer that you almost hit?
I have one, and it's running all the time. Never have I needed it for anything.
Ever seen those Russian videos of people jumping out in front of cars trying to do insurance fraud? How about someone lying in an accident that you did it when the other person was at fault?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the russians seem to enjoy crashing into each other, and I guess to help produce evidence in the event of law suites. They are useful, shown in some clips of a plane touching a highway, before crashing. and as we know an ever need tool for law enforcement to prevent false accusations against them.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the russians seem to enjoy crashing into each other, and I guess to help produce evidence in the event of law suites. They are useful, shown in some clips of a plane touching a highway, before crashing. and as we know an ever need tool for law enforcement to prevent false accusations against them.

So true. Dash cams have also been used by people who have been wrongly accused by law enforcement. It seems that NO profession is without its own "bad element".

Last edited:
Top Bottom