• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coronavirus Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CDC total Chinese Virus deaths February 1 to April 18, 2020

2E72633A-DD71-4D5F-B5E7-A64595CE485D.jpeg

It is what it is!! Or really, “it is not what it’s not.”

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the last few weeks my company has had a voluntary work policy. If you don't show up for work you don't get paid, but, you also don't get points. Yesterday they canceled the voluntary, it's now mandatory, plus they are working overtime, trying to get the orders done. Seems many of our customers are getting new parts quoted also, trying to reduce what they were getting from China. We will probably also hire a few more people.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my daily tasks at work is to spray disinfectant on all commonly touched surfaces. Problem is finding it. Luckily at Lowes they carry Windex products. They put the "Multisurface" with the regular window cleaner and most people don't see them. It's yellow in color where regular is blue. It kills 99.9% of germs. I go through 1 bottle every two days. Lowes had just restocked and had over twenty bottles on the shelf. I grabbed six.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of my daily tasks at work is to spray disinfectant on all commonly touched surfaces. Problem is finding it. Luckily at Lowes they carry Windex products. They put the "Multisurface" with the regular window cleaner and most people don't see them. It's yellow in color where regular is blue. It kills 99.9% of germs. I go through 1 bottle every two days. Lowes had just restocked and had over twenty bottles on the shelf. I grabbed six.
You bring up something that i did back in February. I moved investments into tech, paper products and companies that make consumer cleaning products. In the end, they are going to be doing well for a long time.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a little oil info from Seeking Alpha:

Oil tankers surround California with nowhere to unload - Bloomberg
Apr. 22, 2020 12:35 PM ET|About: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
Oil tankers carrying enough crude to satisfy 20% of the world's daily consumption are gathered off California's coast with nowhere to go as fuel demand collapses, Bloomberg reports.

Nearly three dozen ships mostly are acting as floating storage for oil that is going unused as the coronavirus shutters businesses and takes drivers off the road, according to the report.

Marathon Petroleum's (MPC +3.2%) Martinez, Calif., refinery has been idled and others including Chevron's (CVX +2.4%) El Segundo refinery have curtailed crude processing as the state orders residents to stay at home.

Storage has become increasingly scarce as traditional tanks fill up, pushing oil onto tankers to float off Singapore, the U.S. Gulf Coast and now the U.S. West Coast.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Apr. 22, 2020 12:35 PM ET|About: Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor
Oil tankers carrying enough crude to satisfy 20% of the world's daily consumption are gathered off California's coast with nowhere to go as fuel demand collapses, Bloomberg reports.

Nearly three dozen ships mostly are acting as floating storage for oil that is going unused as the coronavirus shutters businesses and takes drivers off the road, according to the report.

Marathon Petroleum's (MPC +3.2%) Martinez, Calif., refinery has been idled and others including Chevron's (CVX +2.4%) El Segundo refinery have curtailed crude processing as the state orders residents to stay at home.

Storage has become increasingly scarce as traditional tanks fill up, pushing oil onto tankers to float off Singapore, the U.S. Gulf Coast and now the U.S. West Coast.
Just use a ship tracking site and you'll see that over the last week there are more and more parked oil tankers around areas where there are refineries (i.e. Houston).

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

What about all the pig carrier trucks? Where are they all parked at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom