• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Car Tipping

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking through some smart fortwo pictures online and noticed several where the cars where placed on their sides in parking lots, driveways, and streets as a prank. Because the car is so lightweight, three or four people could potentially flip the smart car on its side or back door and really cause some serious damage. The Elio is far lighter, and seems a perfect candidate for punks with too much time on their hands to pull with the Elio. Is this more worry than reality? Just a thought...
back in the day we moved VW's around the campus, VERY funny, and w/six guys easy, there are posts here dealing with (the elio)just picking it up and stealing it-I think 3 guys could easily do it. why, if I was young and stupid (again) we would just put it in spots that too would make us laugh- just an aside, a few years back someone(s) put a grand piano on a small sand tidal island in the Miami Bay - made the papers- I've come out to find my mc on it's side more than once. Never did it (growing up inNYC) but tipping cows sounds like fun, smiling just thinking about it -Chevy Chase got thrown out of school for walking a cow up three flights of stairs seemed up wasn't a problem- they don't like down, Cars are things, dodo happens, Seize the day, there are too many other events if you need/want to worry about. BTY Always noted my mother-in-law wasn't happy unless she was miserable! (she might not have been until her daughter married me)!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe these four Smart cars just keeled over dead when they heard about the Elio stats!
Just a quick aside on Smart cars- there are now rental fleets( not the usual rentals) in many major cities- won't fill in space here, but I think they have a future with these programs. My kids use them and love them- Seattle

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was looking through some smart fortwo pictures online and noticed several where the cars where placed on their sides in parking lots, driveways, and streets as a prank. Because the car is so lightweight, three or four people could potentially flip the smart car on its side or back door and really cause some serious damage. The Elio is far lighter, and seems a perfect candidate for punks with too much time on their hands to pull with the Elio. Is this more worry than reality? Just a thought...
What you call a PRANK, I call VANDALISM !!! :mad:

That's why IF I catch them ..... they will have to answer to my mistress
Mossberg%20500.jpg
:)

Glad I live in a Castle Doctrine state !! In Indiana, Castle Doctrine encompasses property also !! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom