• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Canada

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know nothing about this but here's a question. Why couldn't someone in Canada simply go "all in" and when the time comes fly to Shreveport, pay for the car and drive it back to Canada? Seems straightforward enough. What's the catch?

Smitty

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats right. I just paid $1800 for the privalege to drive a 07 Trailblazer that a dealer offered me $2000 for trade in value. Lucky me, I get insured for the whole year! Motorcycle insurance is just as expensive, but there are not alot of those driving around at the moment.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Insurance? I'm only allowed Manitoba Public Insurance "MPI". I'm willing to bet they price it at about $1600/Yr. 200k- 5 Million liability and two options... Take it or leave it!

Just trying to help with some ideas....

What if the Elio is classified as a motorcycle in Canada. Maybe the insurance would be cheaper.

Also, Is that $1,600. any more than it would be for any other car?

Finally, To save on the air fare and long drive maybe the car could be delivered to northern North Dakota or Minnesota and driven over the border.

That's all I have.... good luck.

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just trying to help with some ideas....

What if the Elio is classified as a motorcycle in Canada. Maybe the insurance would be cheaper.

Also, Is that $1,600. any more than it would be for any other car?

Finally, To save on the air fare and long drive maybe the car could be delivered to northern North Dakota or Minnesota and driven over the border.

That's all I have.... good luck.
I would gladly drive it up to Fargo/ Grand Forks for a you....for a small fee

Top Bottom